Field Herping has begun for our Amphibious Little Friends

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Porter

Field Herping has begun for our Amphibious Little Friends

Post by Porter »

E4B0CA42-8D60-4DB7-BBC2-C9022779766B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard F. Hoyer

Re: Field Herping has begun for our Amphibious Little Friends

Post by Richard F. Hoyer »

Porter,
I concur. But I would also believe that in Calif., especially southern California and along the California coast, the season for encountering reptiles also continues.

Here in northwestern Oregon, on Nov. 14th, which was totally overcast and 64 degrees, at one site I came across one juvenile and 3 adult S. All. Lizards and a Clouded Salamander. At a different site, I encountered one juvenile and one adult Common Sharp-tailed Snake and one hatchling Gopher Snake.

Richard F. Hoyer (Corvallis, Oregon)
Porter

Post by Porter »

That’s awesome! :thumb: I keep hearing stories about people finding snakes in the rain, we’re just having a hell of a time trying to find the damn rain..!☔️🤷🏻‍♂️

Normally, this time of year is comfortable moist conditions. Despite the lack of moisture, we’re doing pretty good. So far we got one blonde with brown eyes (Which isn’t too rare, but always a treat to see), Two blondes with blue eyes, a whole bunch of brown hair and brown eyes (which is always expected), The usual sighting at our albino spot (We took a few samples just for the heck of it), but the real treat so far was a super rare melanistic blue eye and a full Red head & green eyed covered in dense Red freckle Speckling!! 😳 Sooooooo rare 😍🤗 I just wubbb demmm 😄

But yeah, my suit is drying out every time I depart the capsule. I psych it’s gonna be a tough year for Phibian 😔

🖖🏻
Porter

Post by Porter »

Richard F. Hoyer wrote: November 18th, 2021, 11:12 am Porter,
I concur. But I would also believe that in Calif., especially southern California and along the California coast, the season for encountering reptiles also continues.

Here in northwestern Oregon, on Nov. 14th, which was totally overcast and 64 degrees, at one site I came across one juvenile and 3 adult S. All. Lizards and a Clouded Salamander. At a different site, I encountered one juvenile and one adult Common Sharp-tailed Snake and one hatchling Gopher Snake.

Richard F. Hoyer (Corvallis, Oregon)
This reminds me of a joke…

Just the other day, Phibian was telling me about the first time he visited Earth. When the hybrids came out to greet him, they said “I… Am… Human...✋🏻” So, Phibian says “I… Am… Phibian 🖖🏻” next thing we know, all the hybrids are calling us Amphibian 😳 …AND THEN, They start calling all the little stunted dinosaurs dependent on moisture, “amphibians” 🤦🏻‍♂️
…so then, Phibian transports back down below the water surface to tell the boss what happened… Boss looks at him and says, “I can’t believe it” 😑 Now, anytime someone says something unbelievable, they say “you must be Fibbin’.”
So then I says to Phibian… “If you think my English is bad, you should hear my Chinese” 💁🏻‍♂️