It is currently November 22nd, 2018, 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: WDFW Video Contest: Washington State Reptile Observations
PostPosted: October 11th, 2018, 1:20 pm 

Hey folks!

For those living in Washington that have recently purchased a fishing license -- you've probably already seen an email about this outdoor video contest. If you haven't seen the notification but are interested in it, you can see the contest details here. The deadline is November 5th so there is still some time for submissions. Here is a video outline of the contest:

Be sure to read the terms on this page, especially be aware that WDFW may use any submissions as marketing material indefinitely.

NOTE: this is not a reptile related contest, but one category is "wildlife viewing" so I took the opportunity to shine a spotlight on just a few of Washington state's native reptiles. With the low public opinion of reptiles (especially snakes) I expect the contest winning video will be focused on something more widely appealing like birds, mammals, or fish. Still though, I gotta be me, and I figure y'all might appreciate my submission more than most people!

Good luck to anyone else submitting to this contest and if you primarily feature reptiles/amphibs I hope you win! Go herpetology team! :D

Post subject: Re: WDFW Video Contest: Washington State Reptile Observation
PostPosted: October 18th, 2018, 7:15 pm 

Cool vid Ian :thumb: I like that shot of the racer with the group of people standing off faded in the background and the footage of that coiled buzztail with the rattling mixing into the song music. Good choice in music also… It’s catchy and it stayed with me on the way to work 8-)

Post subject: Re: WDFW Video Contest: Washington State Reptile Observation
PostPosted: November 9th, 2018, 12:43 pm 

Hey Porter, thanks man! I got a kick out of reading that the music stayed with you on the way to work!

The WDFW outdoor video contest is over, and to my surprise I won! This made my week! :D

https://www.facebook.com/WashingtonFish ... 024986761/