Fieldherping AUS

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

PhilipK

Fieldherping AUS

Post by PhilipK »

Hey Guys,

in octobre 2011 I am going to Australia and I was asking myself if it would be possible to help Fieldherpers with their work.
Are there any contact points or can I contact any Fieldherpers over this page which may be are interested in my help?

Maybe someone could help me.

Regards,
Philipp
danh

Re: Fieldherping AUS

Post by danh »

Australia is a big place, where are you going? I'll be working on catching dragons in South Australia for most of September and October 2011. If you, or any other forum members, want to come help, I could really use it! I'll be headed to the south-east mallee, then the Flinders Ranges, and finally the Lake Eyre basin. Send me an e-mail at [email protected] for more info.

Dan
Eipper

Post by Eipper »

Daniel,

Working on Ctenophorus sp?

Cheers,
Scott
snake_freak

Post by snake_freak »

If you are interested in Elapids I may be in the field catching and radio tracking Pseudonaja aspidorhyncha around October. Could use a hand checking and clearing pitfalls as well. My study site is between the Flinders ranges and Lake Eyre, so you could get in a lot of herping in South Australia between danh and I - if the timing is right.
danh

Post by danh »

Working on five species of Ctenophorus: pictus, fordi, decresii, vadnappa and gibba. Anybody who wants to come out should let me know soon, once I leave I'll be out of e-mail contact!
PhilipK

Post by PhilipK »

October seems to be a problem :D

I will arrive on 17th octobre in Sydney, so it's pretty far to get to South Australia in such a short time.
But I'm still interested.

Phil
danh

Post by danh »

Phil, check your inbox.