Bull Wars

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

mikephoto

Bull Wars

Post by mikephoto »

Here's my first 4K Ultra High Definition video. It documents an epic battle on a hillside in Southwestern Wisconsin. The combatants may surprise you.

craigb

Re: Bull Wars

Post by craigb »

The best video I have seen in a number of years.....
Very cool.....

Now I also have another reason to visit my brother in law in Phillips WI.

This is nowhere near the quality of yours. But, it is just about 2 miles from my house. And it is just an article with some pics taken by birders. There is also a Pituophis crawling nearby in one of the pics. It seems oblivious to the actions.

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/03/19/b ... -wetlands/

craigb ;)
craigb

Post by craigb »

Believe it or not Mike, there was a time when a video of this quality would have had over 500 hits in 3 hours.
Life here is a bit slower now....

Things change, but thanks again for the GREAT video....
mikephoto

Post by mikephoto »

Thanks Craig! At first I thought it was a mating pair but it soon became obvious that it was a fight for dominance instead.

Thanks for the link. I did notice the gopher snake in the one photo, pretty cool.
the_cw1

Post by the_cw1 »

Thank you for documenting the horrifying bloodshed inflicted by bullsnakes. Get Thucydides on the phone: the darkness is now.

:p

-Derek
BillMcGighan

Post by BillMcGighan »

Excellent, Mike. :thumb: :thumb:

My favorite videos are of our animals "in situ" with little or no human presence.

craigb
Believe it or not Mike, there was a time when a video of this quality would have had over 500 hits in 3 hours.
Life here is a bit slower now....
Sad but true. Some of the newer folks should peruse the 2010 - 2014 posts and see the higher quantity of thought out herpetological discussions to see contrast.
mikephoto

Post by mikephoto »

My favorite videos are of our animals "in situ" with little or no human presence.
Yeah, I think life list (field guide) type photos are fine, but I've always found videos that capture behavior to be much more interesting.
This was a couple of days I'll remember forever.