Looking for camp mates for First week in October Snake Road

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

abpaine

Looking for camp mates for First week in October Snake Road

Post by abpaine »

There is a group of us who each Spring and Fall rent a hunting camp about one-mile from Snake Road. It is essentially a small house with a couple of small bedrooms that can sleep up to six (one double bed and four singles). There is also a large living room with one bed and a couch. Two small bathrooms and large kitchen. Its on a 1,000-acre farm and next to canal that runs parallel to the Highway. It is about one-quarter mile from the highway.
Last year for the first time I put out a message on the Forum looking for camp mates It is $30 a night per person if we get four or more.
, and got some good people.
We are going back the first week in October, likely Oct 6-9,arriving on Friday and staying for at least three days - certainly through the weekend.
We're an older group 65 plus with some younger folks mixed in. We hunt the road and a couple of other spots. We try to get together for dinner at night and share talents or interests. One year we read snake poetry, discussed philosophy, listed to ukulele and learned about curling.
If you are interested you can contact me, Warren Duzak, at [email protected]. If necessary I'll send you my phone number.
There are also two small camp buildings that could sleep two in one and four in the other. They create kind of a small complex. The are designed with male hunters in mind so privacy is often at a premium. But female herpers are welcome and we so our best to accomodate. Women often are here for the trip.
Warren
palmer1076

Re: Looking for camp mates for First week in October Snake R

Post by palmer1076 »

I went last year and thoroughly enjoyed the weekend.

I might add that I am a pretty serious photographer and would definitely like for other photographers to join in the fun.
We all move at our own pace allowing lots of time for taking pictures. I got great photographs of several species.
the_cw1

Post by the_cw1 »

Lots of fun was had by all last year. I hope to be down again!

(And ditto about the photography. I learned quite a bit while there)
palmer1076

Post by palmer1076 »

Not too late.
There are still some spaces available.