7th Annual Kids in the Desert trip (VIDEO added)

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

LouB747

7th Annual Kids in the Desert trip (VIDEO added)

Post by LouB747 »

Going to head out to Palm Springs Memorial Day weekend for another kids herping weekend. This will be the 7th year doing this. Last year was awesome, with 3 or 4 rosys, and a ton of other stuff. Anyways, this isn't a sanctioned event, but an informal get together. Anyone wishing to go, please feel free to showup. We are staying at the Marriott Shadow Ridge again this year, but you can stay anywhere. It's typically the pool in the day for the kids, followed by road cruising after dinner. Some adults organize a little golfing.

Anyways, if you want to go, let me know. I'm at [email protected]

Here's a video of the kids last year.......

Porter

Re: 7th Annual Kids in the Desert trip

Post by Porter »

Looking forward to seeing the 2017 footage :thumb: Love that song...

LouB747

Post by LouB747 »

The first couple of nights were really cold. Sunday night was perfect though. Maybe 10 snakes in 2 hours. Good times. Video to follow....
LouB747

Post by LouB747 »

This years trip.....

Fieldherper

Re: 7th Annual Kids in the Desert trip (VIDEO added)

Post by Fieldherper »

Really cool! Teaching kids to love, appreciate, and respect nature pays exponential dividends.

FH
Porter

Post by Porter »

Nice editing Lou :thumb: ....a worthy sequel.

Boy, I'm sure glad you didn't use another Neighbourhood song :roll: I actually googled the video/album recording for sweater weather after leaving my previous comment and as much as I like that Ram Jam acoustic performance that I stumbled across, everything from the in motion vehicle performance, guitar arrangements, emotional quality, lyrics, honest sincerity of the vocal performance, "ram jam" taking on a completely different meaning than established in The Wrestler , all the way to the disgusted look on the guys face sitting in the middle like he's thinking, "how the hell did I get stuck sitting dingo" :lol: I can't say the same for the studio recorded version. Too many damn guitar effects, way over-produced, and the video looks like Calvin Klein agreed to do a cigarette commercial :roll: Talk about eating my words :crazyeyes:

...still love that song performance tho. One of those rare moments where everything just came together right and fell into place. Soul soothing :sleep:
Porter

Post by Porter »

I do like that remix in your vid tho...btw. Works great with that panning shot and matches the vibe and theme of the video subject. Childlike version of the song, more circus/theme park vibe = kids fun, and works great with the footage :thumb: Definitely one of the best field herping videos I've seen. Really good stuff man
LouB747

Post by LouB747 »

Thanks guys. Yeah, the kids make a "roadcruising mix cd" that I have to listen to for hours. Some songs are ok, others....well, just not my taste. I always try and use one of their songs in the video, that way they are more inclined to share it with friends.
Porter

Post by Porter »

Ah, they got it easy...lol When I was a their age I was listening to Roger Miller every other weekend on the old record player and singing Dead Skunk In The Middle Of The Road in the car on the way home from fishing trips :lol: Which, actually wasn't too bad. I love that Roger Miller stuff now. Well don't love it but like a lot of the ol' Dr Demento type songs, it retains the quality of the times. Big Rock Candy Mountain is another good old one like that