2016 Database Contest Results

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

SurfinHerp

2016 Database Contest Results

Post by SurfinHerp »

I took some time to compile the 2016 Contest Results.

Congrats to Robert and Nicholas Hess! They had another fantastic year of herping and entering records :beer:

Thanks to everyone who contributes to the HERP database! Let's keep up the good work this year.

Jeff

Fundad

Re: 2016 Database Contest Results

Post by Fundad »

Way to go on putting this together. Mr President.

^feeling proud of new president.

Oh Way to Go Nicholas... :thumb:

And Elliot as well for getting most county records :thumb:

Can't forget Marc L. Who took the DOR count. :thumb:

Fundad
RobertH

Post by RobertH »

Oh Way to Go Nicholas... :thumb:
But, but ... wait ... wait :o ... what about me :?: :evil: ... I drive the car 8-) ... I buy the food :beer: ... I hold the external flash :idea: ... I even find a herp sometimes :beer:

:D :D :D :D

Robert
nightdriver

Post by nightdriver »

Cheers to Stacy and Debbie for continuing to keep the chapter diversity .......diverse.

Two fine herpers that I've had the pleasure of knowing for over 40 years combined. Which is amazing since they are both so young...... :beer:

-nightdriver
nightdriver

Post by nightdriver »

But, but ... wait ... wait :o ... what about me :?: :evil: ... I drive the car 8-) ... I buy the food :beer: ... I hold the external flash :idea: ... I even find a herp sometimes :beer:

:D :D :D :D

Robert
I feel your pain Robert. My kid's teachers never give me any credit for all the help I give them with their homework.... :lol:

-nightdriver
mark buck

Post by mark buck »

Thanks Jeff!

Glad to have made it on some of these lists...

Nice work Nick/Robert,
and much respect to Elliot for 20 county records.
Calfirecap

Post by Calfirecap »

Thanks for putting that together Jeff. It's good to recognize those who contribute, and hopefully this will encourage others to add more of their data into this project, which has evolved into a very valuable resource.
Special shouts to James Maughn who has climbed up to the top there with the Robert, Nicholas, and the legendary Brian Hubbs. :beer:
JAMAUGHN

Post by JAMAUGHN »

Nicholas gives me something to aspire to. And, yeah, I guess Hubbs, too. :mrgreen:

Just sloggin' along,
JimM
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

First off, thank you to Jeff for putting in the effort to make this list. Also thank you for the kind words! And big shout out to Elliot for the 10 county records, amazing work :thumb: . But most importantly thanks to everybody who entered and enters in the H.E.R.P database. Over 7,000 records is not as much as past years but is still pretty impressive. I'm trying to get some other people who don't enter yet to enter, and I think everyone else should do the same. If you know someone who you think could make a great contribution to the data base, bug them and get them to enter there finds! With all this rain we're getting this season it should be a fantastic year!
Happy herping, Nicholas
Brian Hubbs

Post by Brian Hubbs »

Wow, just saw this...thanks for posting it Jeff. It looks great! And congrats again to Robert Hess for all his good work! :thumb: Oh, and Nicholas too, I'm sure he did something... :lol:

Maybe this year we can get back to the business of entering more data. It seems like all of us have slowed down a little and taken a break. I will try to do better, and to also beat my friends into submission to enter data. I find that hitting them on the head with a heavy book helps... :beer:
Steve Bledsoe

Post by Steve Bledsoe »

With this much-needed rain here in CA, I'm guessing we'll see a lot more herp activity this season than we have in the past years with the horribly dry conditions. For me at least, it will result in more records in the database.

It's good to see that you finally set up your own account, Nicholas.
With two separate accounts, we'll finally get to see who the real herper in the family is! :lol:
RobertH

Post by RobertH »

It's good to see that you finally set up your own account, Nicholas.
With two separate accounts, we'll finally get to see who the real herper in the family is! :lol:
Well, actually, we will still be entering data under our combined HERP account (Robert and Nicholas Hess). With 5000+ records and 130 species or thereabouts, to our - really mostly his - name, it would be kinda tough for Nicholas to have to start from scratch again. So, it looks like I will be safe at least for a little while longer. :lol:

Robert
Fundad

Post by Fundad »

:beer: :thumb: Great work everyone.

I agree with Keith it is nice to see the Ladies and the Kids, represent.

I made the top 5 in counties and species.. woo hoo. lol.

Keep it up everyone.

One more note about Jame M. He has 20,000 inaturalist records too. Read that again 20 K.. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Eat your heart out Senior Hubbs. LOL
Brian Hubbs

Post by Brian Hubbs »

Yeah, but most of those are for rocks and easy stuff like birds and insects... :lol:
JAMAUGHN

Post by JAMAUGHN »

I've never knowingly identified a rock. I have been mistaken for one, once in a while.

...and just for that comment, Mr. Hubbs, I condemn you to Moth Identification. Your eyes will bleed. :twisted:

http://mothphotographersgroup.msstate.edu/

JimM
Brian Hubbs

Post by Brian Hubbs »

JAMAUGHN wrote:I've never knowingly identified a rock. I have been mistaken for one, once in a while.

...and just for that comment, Mr. Hubbs, I condemn you to Moth Identification. Your eyes will bleed. :twisted:

http://mothphotographersgroup.msstate.edu/

JimM
:lol: :lol: :lol: