Odds and ends: Philippines, Australia, Thailand, Morocco

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Tom

Odds and ends: Philippines, Australia, Thailand, Morocco

Post by Tom »

The past year I've been working hard and haven't had the time to do as many trips as I'd like. Nonetheless I did manage to spend a few days in Morocco and Thailand. I've also included some old photographs from 2014 (Philippines and Australia) that would otherwise never get uploaded.

I'll skip the narrative, other than to say that the turtles were handled under license and the taipan was dying after being hit by a car (saw 2 other DOR as well) - everything else was wild and alive.

Tom
Roki

Re: Odds and ends: Philippines, Australia, Thailand, Morocco

Post by Roki »

Great post and wonderful photography. Lots of great snake and lizard shots in there. I really like the platypus shot too. Thanks for sharing.
Roki
chrish

Post by chrish »

Some beautiful photos of beautiful creatures, but the platypus shot may have been the coolest of all!
LouB747

Post by LouB747 »

Nice yellow headed Retic. What all snake species were found in the Phillipines? My brother is going next month.

Thanks,

Lou
Tom

Post by Tom »

chrish wrote:Some beautiful photos of beautiful creatures, but the platypus shot may have been the coolest of all!
Roki wrote:Great post and wonderful photography. Lots of great snake and lizard shots in there. I really like the platypus shot too. Thanks for sharing.
Roki
As you can probably see, my effort into photography varies wildly - I just wish I hadn't put them up quite so large...

Next time an Echidna is my next target, platypus are actually surprisingly easy to spot if you're in the right place.
LouB747 wrote:Nice yellow headed Retic. What all snake species were found in the Phillipines? My brother is going next month.

Thanks,

Lou
Yeah, that retic was a fantastic surprise sitting in the middle of the road as I rounded a corner during the day - I had to swerve quite far just to avoid hitting it! Really beautiful.

The only Philippines animal up there is actually the sea krait, but the volcano and the fire were from there too. I was there for the whale sharks and diving really. In terms of reptiles they have some incredible animals there - Samar cobras, Parias vipers, Philippine Crocodiles... but finding them might be easier said than done. The diving is fantastic however.