Guide in or near Puerto Vallarta

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

herpingsandiego

Guide in or near Puerto Vallarta

Post by herpingsandiego »

Hi, This summer I will be taking a trip to Puerto Vallarta and I was wondering if anyone knows of any guides or tours for field herping and any books that tell the species I can find there?Thanks.

Jacob
Fieldnotes

Re: Guide in or near Puerto Vallarta

Post by Fieldnotes »

I was in Puerto Vallarta a few years ago. I didn't see many herps because i stuck around the hotel, city, and nearby zip-lines. I did notice a tour service driving by on the hwy, it was an open 4x4 tour-truck that advertised adventures into the jungle on it door and side. I didnt take the tour and do not remember the companies name, but I do recall, it looking like it would be an interesting adventure.

As far as easy to spot herps, the Spiny-tailed Iguana was most frequently observed, followed by Striped Basilisk and introduced House Geckos. At the hotel i stayed, they also had an area marked off on the beach for turtle nests.

doccod

Post by doccod »

I am going to Puerto Vallarta as well, late May early June. I would be interested in the same activitiy for a day trip as well. If anyone knows anymore about this area or a connection, anymore info would be highly appreciated.
Kevin Messenger

Post by Kevin Messenger »

doccod

Post by doccod »

Field notes and Kevin, thanks for the info.