Anyone list on their lifelist this species?

Warm-blooded air breathing content.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Andy Avram

Anyone list on their lifelist this species?

Post by Andy Avram »

Human.

Andy
Curtis Hart

Re: Anyone list on their lifelist this species?

Post by Curtis Hart »

I don't, I think some people do though. I just checked my mammal listing software, and it is on the list.

Curtis
Andy Avram

Post by Andy Avram »

Would you list us if you were deep in the Amazon (or somewhere similar) and saw someone that was part of a tribe that won't contact the modern world?
El Garia

Post by El Garia »

Do you break humans into ssp.? I do. Might not sound p.c. to non-anthro. folk, but I have my own breakdown of ssp. Just found out that I have a high percentage of damiensis genes... explains the brow ridge :lol:

Always thought it would be cool to have a field guide to man. Not sure how that would play with the masses, though :?

Andy - Based on what I know of the natives to the Amazonian Basin, I haven't seen any tribes that I would group as being a separate sub. or variety. Cultures may differ, but I haven't noticed any great morphological differences in the Basin.
Curtis Hart

Post by Curtis Hart »

No, I currently don't plan to list humans. It's not that we're not mammals, it's just sorta taking a free one.

El Garia, check out the Malay Archipelago if you haven't already. It acts somewhat as a field guide to the humans there, including rating the attractiveness of their women.

Curtis
Andy Avram

Post by Andy Avram »

El, I am not implying that the tribes in the Amazon (or deep in some other tropical reainforest) are a different subspecies or variety of human, but in a sense they are "wild" humans, living in a primative state and keeping out of sight of modern cultures. Seems a little more along the lines of how we view some of our life lists.

For the record I don't list us, but maybe I would if I saw all the other great apes...

Andy
Mark Hows

Post by Mark Hows »

Us Brits list human and neither do most Europeans for what it is worth.

Mark
dery

Post by dery »

well sometimes. but only in finds of me or others in interesting poses or acts. one of the more recent was me in a admiral stance near the helm of a speedboat while it was going quite afew knots. :lol:
dery

Post by dery »

El Garia wrote:Do you break humans into ssp.? I do. Might not sound p.c. to non-anthro. folk, but I have my own breakdown of ssp. Just found out that I have a high percentage of damiensis genes... explains the brow ridge :lol:

Always thought it would be cool to have a field guide to man. Not sure how that would play with the masses, though :?

Andy - Based on what I know of the natives to the Amazonian Basin, I haven't seen any tribes that I would group as being a separate sub. or variety. Cultures may differ, but I haven't noticed any great morphological differences in the Basin.
i've thought that too, one w/ all morphological differances of all homonid species.
Coluber Constrictor

Post by Coluber Constrictor »

Tamara D. McConnell

Post by Tamara D. McConnell »

I consider H. sapiens to be a pest species, although I will make exceptions for some individuals.
:beer:
dery

Post by dery »

Coluber Constrictor wrote:I consider H. sapiens to be a pest species, although I will make exceptions for some individuals.
yep, for some the world's worst, other sapiens like the more primative and those dedicated biologists who are not devoted to medical fields that the waste often worsens pollution and related health problems, or sometimes judge some people due to their conditions (ive seen this firsthand often in my life), are not more of a pest than other species. :thumb: :roll: