Blattodea :P

Field and captive invertebrates discussion forum.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Hans Breuer (twoton)

Re: Blattodea :P

Post by Hans Breuer (twoton) »

Indeed! I led a public nightwalk for the Malaysian Nature Society last Saturday in Santubong, Southern Sarawak, and although the yield was already very nice (colugo, three snakes, tons of sleeping agamids, a big spider eating an even bigger moth), I also made it a point to show the guests every roach I could find. They're wonderful critters!
BillMcGighan

Post by BillMcGighan »

The diversity of just one group of misunderstood animals is amazing. Thanks for showing them.

(Of course, some people must appreciate them because you can go into some stores and buy a little clip to hold them? :roll: )
dery

Post by dery »

I like roaches just as much as the other defensive insects. Coach roaches being the only exception. They are obviously awesome bugs.
orionmystery

Post by orionmystery »

BillMcGighan wrote:The diversity of just one group of misunderstood animals is amazing. Thanks for showing them.

(Of course, some people must appreciate them because you can go into some stores and buy a little clip to hold them? :roll: )
Thanks for the comment, Bill.
Hans Breuer (twoton) wrote:Indeed! I led a public nightwalk for the Malaysian Nature Society last Saturday in Santubong, Southern Sarawak, and although the yield was already very nice (colugo, three snakes, tons of sleeping agamids, a big spider eating an even bigger moth), I also made it a point to show the guests every roach I could find. They're wonderful critters!
Thanks, Hans. Good on you!
dery wrote:I like roaches just as much as the other defensive insects. Coach roaches being the only exception. They are obviously awesome bugs.
Thanks, Dery!
Hans Breuer (twoton)

Post by Hans Breuer (twoton) »

BillMcGighan wrote:(Of course, some people must appreciate them because you can go into some stores and buy a little clip to hold them? :roll: )
I still can't decide if this is the worst or the best joke of the year :-)