Moderator: Scott Waters

Kelly Mc

Some Recent Pics at Home

Post by Kelly Mc »

Thanks for looking ( :
reptologist

Re: Some Recent Pics at Home

Post by reptologist »

Nice pics. I really like the Gallotia. They have been on my radar for years. He looks like a healthy adult. How long is he and how are you keeping him? Obviously he is doing great.
simus343

Post by simus343 »

I really wish I had the selection of cork you have there Kelly! I love using the stuff but I only have 1 piece any more. The pet stores around here don't carry it and it has to be "just right" so I prefer to manually pick it out myself, not buy some "the size but random shape" from online. My other good piece I had I donated to work for the same reason that you see your white's dumpy (yes/no? - sure looks like the ones when I was in Aus) sitting in his cork, treefrogs (we have a H. gratiosa) like it :D.

All looking great! I also really like the slate with the (I'm not great at IDs beyond SE US) Milk/King? The slate that I have used has been a bit thicker (from what I can see), and is granite slate. What you have looks like it would be better for my purposes than the thicker granite slates that I have.

Did you get that spotted turtle from a breeder/rescue? I only ask because when I finish college, if I go into turtles it would probably be a nice looking but smaller turtle species - a spotted turtle hits what I would try to work with head-on. If you got it from a breeder, I may try to reach you for info if you are still on these forums in another 2 years. Really it would depend on how housing/employment is looking - would still be sticking with my true reptilian-loves, H plat. and H simus.

Also that is a cool lizard you have there. Is that the Gallotia? I'm assuming so. I've never seen a lizard quite like that before, I absolutely love the blue spots on a shiny black background.

Great collection you got there Kelly!
Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

Hi Reptologist. That guy is about 6" snout-vent. Largest male of a group of sibs I keep separated. He is in a 36X18 exo terra with a cork cylinder den and rock plateau/cavern strategy. Lots of light - shifting the potz spots around for them.

They take up all my time for although they are constitutionally sturdy they are as alert as birds and require similar attention to their needs.

Thank you for liking him, I do too. He is a funny guy.

Oh hey Simus I just went to click post and saw yours - I have to leave shortly and cant stay on but thank you so much for your comments!

I will PM you too about cork!