Herp Nation Magazine - Issue 1 - Release Date......

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Scott Waters
Site Admin

Herp Nation Magazine - Issue 1 - Release Date......

Post by Scott Waters »

Herp Nation Magazine will be shipped out to you around the 15th (or so, maybe sooner, a very real possibility). Yes, this is a bit later than anticipated (about a week), but hey.....cut us some slack. :) I know you're starving for this, we are too! We'll get it to you soon.

The response has been enormous! You guys are building quite the magazine for your community. Keep sending in articles, too! We are receiving many great articles, very impressive. HN Magazine is excited to share your story, the story of the advanced field herpers and keepers of the world. Stay tuned!

DougA

Re: Herp Nation Magazine - Issue 1 - Release Date......

Post by DougA »

How does one get the magazine/subscription?
RockRatt Rich Morgan

Post by RockRatt Rich Morgan »

I have not/ will not be able to get the subscription until this coming friday July 16th, will I STILL be able to get the First Subscription? Being a big Rosy nut I want it bad. If not where can I get it/order it from? Thanks Scott
Scott Waters
Site Admin

Post by Scott Waters »

RockRatt Rich Morgan wrote:I have not/ will not be able to get the subscription until this coming friday July 16th, will I STILL be able to get the First Subscription? Being a big Rosy nut I want it bad. If not where can I get it/order it from? Thanks Scott
Yeah, for sure. Just make a note of it when you order and we'll start you on Issue 1.

thanks,
scott
Shane_TX

Post by Shane_TX »

Cool. Are you going to advertise on "not allowed"...........huh, what happened to automatic kingsuck.com? Magazine looks good.

Shane
Scott Waters
Site Admin

Post by Scott Waters »

Shane_TX wrote:Cool. Are you going to advertise on "not allowed"...........huh, what happened to automatic kingsuck.com? Magazine looks good.

Shane
Mag is being shipped out this week! Looks GREAT. The community is going to dig this mag, I know it! We've put a lot of time, effort, and money in to making it a herper mag, with advanced care being discussed as an additive. Really exciting times, herper friends!

scott
-EJ

Post by -EJ »

Scott, I was under the impression that this was going to be a web based magazine. You're talking a real, hard copy magazine?
justinm

Post by justinm »

-EJ wrote:Scott, I was under the impression that this was going to be a web based magazine. You're talking a real, hard copy magazine?

If you read the very first sentence in this post. They say they will be shipping them this week. So that means yes they are hardcopies.
-EJ

Post by -EJ »

Thanks, bud.
justinm wrote:
-EJ wrote:Scott, I was under the impression that this was going to be a web based magazine. You're talking a real, hard copy magazine?

If you read the very first sentence in this post. They say they will be shipping them this week. So that means yes they are hardcopies.
Jo_WILDLIFE

Post by Jo_WILDLIFE »

Is this mag gonna be sold in Australia if so when will i expect to see it. :thumb:
FunkyRes

Post by FunkyRes »

Jo_WILDLIFE wrote:Is this mag gonna be sold in Australia if so when will i expect to see it. :thumb:
//disclaimer - I don't work for herpnation

They ship internationally and I believe they don't charge you extra just because you live outside the US.
Thus, you can see it as soon as you order it.

It appears that at this time, they are not using standard mag distributors, so if you want a local place to carry it on the mag rack, you probably should ask that local place to contact herpnation directly and see if something could be worked out.
FunkyRes

Post by FunkyRes »

btw - checking my mail box has felt kind of like Christmas as a kid wondering if that package from Gradma has arrived yet ... :mrgreen:
Erik_NorCal

Post by Erik_NorCal »

FunkyRes wrote:btw - checking my mail box has felt kind of like Christmas as a kid wondering if that package from Gradma has arrived yet ... :mrgreen:
same here. can't wait! a real herp mag!
Shells-n-scales

Post by Shells-n-scales »

For those of us purchasing one mag at a time....

by when do we have to pay to get the following issue? Is there a deadline available, so that we dont miss an issue?? I hate having to track down missing issues
Scott Waters
Site Admin

Post by Scott Waters »

Shells-n-scales wrote:For those of us purchasing one mag at a time....

by when do we have to pay to get the following issue? Is there a deadline available, so that we dont miss an issue?? I hate having to track down missing issues
Thanks for the question. I will be posting about this either on tuesday or wednesday of this week, but will explain in this reply as well.

Here's the deal. I blame the printer. :) The mags are arriving to me on 7-20 or 7-21, and I will send them ALL to you on that same day. I've got the plan, Stan. :) So, in short.....sorry for the delay. It just went longer than we anticipated, it is really that simple. But, they are in fact being shipped this week! From here on out the new, bi-monthly issues will be sent out on the 1st, continuing on to Vol. 1 Issue 2 on Sept. 1st. So, the inaugural issue is late but the next issue will sent only 5 weeks later! At that point we will be on track.

Reflecting the members of this forum, Herp Nation will deliver a quality product to you. Your understanding is much appreciated.

thanks,
Scott
brick911

Post by brick911 »

Thanks for the update, Scott. ...merely growing pains. I'm sure things will be smooth once it gets rolling and hopefully, you'll have everyone's patience and understanding. :thumb:
justinm

Post by justinm »

Thanks for the update I honestly had been getting huge let downs checking the mail and only seeing bills.
Scott Waters
Site Admin

Post by Scott Waters »

They are on their way. Enjoy.

scott
Ribbit

Post by Ribbit »

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Looks nice!

John
Don

Post by Don »

I received Issue 1 in today's mail and and impressed! Great job.
Shells-n-scales

Post by Shells-n-scales »

Recieved my issue today! Love it.... great quality photos, the magazine itself is great quality. I hope to maybe contribute sooner or later with an article or two (hopefully the wife can help me put my thoughts and ideas onto paper). Anyhow, I'm going to find a way and subscribe to the whole year.
Dman

Post by Dman »

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Kfen

Post by Kfen »

What is the latest date I can order to still receive the first copy? If I wanted two copies would I have to make 2 seperate orders?
Thanks
Jeremiah_Easter

Post by Jeremiah_Easter »

Order before the end of August and just make sure you request issue 1 in the comments on your order. Through Paypal You may be able to up the quantity of a single issue after adding it to your cart, if that doesn't work you'll have to purchase separately for the time being.
Paul White

Post by Paul White »

cool. I'd planned to order earlier but we had a 400 dollar a/c repair and some car repairs in July. :? Ugh. 600 bucks total in 48 hours kinda took my money.

edit: what's ya'lls subscription #s looking like?
Scott Waters
Site Admin

Post by Scott Waters »

Darn, sorry to hear about the bills. I just had a similar thing with both of our vehicles. Ouch!

The subscription and single sales have been incredible. We are out of the gate quite HOT! Glad to see the community respond to it so well. Issue 2 is loaded! They'll just get better and better, inspired by you fanatics!

scott
joeysgreen

Post by joeysgreen »

I hate to be a pain, but I havn't gotten my copy yet, who would I contact to confirm that my subscription order was recieved (I did it by snail-mail).

Ian
ramblon

Post by ramblon »

Similar to Joe's question, what's the average wait time? I ordered the 27th, nothing yet. Kind of excited, I think I might have a pic in there.

Thanks Scott and Jer
Scott Waters
Site Admin

Post by Scott Waters »

The next round of shipments is out this week. So, I'm guessing you guys will get your's this week since most are only taking a day or two to get around the country.

Spent the day at the Pomona show. Will post about it this week. Great response to the mag, as expected. :)

scott
pinesnake

Post by pinesnake »

Hello Scott

A short reply - I recieved your/our wonderful Herp Nation Magazin No 1 on last Friday (Sep 3rd). So Germany is supplied too ;-)

Bernd