Odd request for Ambystoma... sketches.

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

ElliotH

Odd request for Ambystoma... sketches.

Post by ElliotH »

So basically I'm in need of some sketches of a Spotted Salamander's life cycle from egg to adult with almost every stage in between. I'm thinking of getting a tattoo on my calf to show my love for the common as dirt herp that started my love for them as kid! Problem is I can't seem to find anything on the internet worth anything. I'm going for that old school biology sketch look and not the cartoony one. It would be in all black in white I'm thinking, maybe the adult will have a touch of yellow. In all the old books some of ya have does anything catch your eye? Any help would be much appreciated!
justinm

Re: Odd request for Ambystoma... sketches.

Post by justinm »

David M. Carroll his sketches and stories are just top notch. Do yourself a favor and get some of his books, the sketches are outstanding and so are the field herping stories. He calls familiar animals names that are so fitting, and beautiful; makes you really appreciate herps so much more.
crocdoc

Post by crocdoc »

This may or may not be of any use to you, but here's an illustration of the life cycle of a 'generic' salamander I did many years ago, for a book on herps
salamanderhunter

Post by salamanderhunter »

Interesting... I've been thinking of getting into tat design... This drawing wasn't intended for a tat design...but it worked out well. Dave Nemethy (? can't remember how to spell his name) allowed me to use one of his photos to draw this massasauga from... I sent him a print...and he ended up with this tat.... pm me if youre interested in a custom design... I think i could use a start up 'example' for the website i'm building... joe

ElliotH

Post by ElliotH »

Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions.

Crocdoc, that is very similar to what I want. Now to try and get that a bit more like a spotted and I'll be good to go! Great starting point for me though.

Salamanderhunter, I'll PM ya in a wee bit.