Snakes found on vacation in Vietnam II!

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Hongkongsnakeid

Snakes found on vacation in Vietnam II!

Post by Hongkongsnakeid »

Second instalment of my snake-cation to Vietnam!

dendrelaphis

Re: Snakes found on vacation in Vietnam II!

Post by dendrelaphis »

Thanks for sharing! The Krait is great. And the Kukri is wonderful too. I have come across quite a few O. purpurascens and actually keep one as a pet. The O. fascioalatus looks very similar to O. purpurascens. O.purpurascens exhibits a color pattern dimoprhism: one morph is red and has wide dorsal bands, the other is brown and has narrow dorsal bands. Does O. fasciolatus exhibit similar dimorphism by any chance?
Porter

Post by Porter »

Cool videos :thumb: I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything from Vietnam before. I like your style of footage and the in situ favored aspect. Back when I saw the first part to this, I watched some other vids on your channel... liked the footage of you walking a creek at night and filming some salamanders :thumb: cool stuff. My friend and I were gonna head out to get some night basking footage of organus Last year, but we ended up not making the drive. hopefully this year...

I don’t know anything about Vietnam snakes… So when I saw the red morph, I googled what a normal one looked like to compare it to… And I saw the golden kukri pop up next to it. Is there something that distinguishes the two apart?
Porter

Post by Porter »

Also your intros reminded me… I got to get my salamander icon Thing going on this year lol
(Cool intro logo :beer: )