need help making a post

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Paul Freed

need help making a post

Post by Paul Freed »

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a post and I have about 50 images to include. After I added the 25th photo I could no longer add any additional images. Is that the limit of photos one can have in a single post? (If so, I guess I can do a two-part post.) I did read in the 'Announcement' section under the subject: "Photo Attachment in now available on FHF", that 'TeeJay' noted the same thing back in October, 2017 but no one answered him. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul
orionmystery

Re: need help making a post

Post by orionmystery »

Did you "hotlink" the images i.e insert image[img]http://image_URL[/img}

I hotlinked 29 images before . No problem.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25440
Paul Freed

Post by Paul Freed »

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for the suggestion, although I have no idea what "hotlinking" the image even means. All I did was drag an image from my desktop into the post and after I did that 25 times no other image could be dragged in. I could have sworn that I've seen other posts with more than 25 images in them (yours included) but I don't know how to do it or what I'm doing wrong. I suppose I could do a two-part post but I just thought it would be more enjoyable to see a single thread that wasn't... "to be continued".

Anyway, thanks for your input, maybe someone will be able to advise me on what to do.

Paul
orionmystery

Post by orionmystery »

I hotlink my images from Flickr. Just copy and paste the BBCode here.
Paul Freed

Post by Paul Freed »

Thanks again, Kurt, unfortunately, I don't have a Flickr account so I can't do that. I thought by now that Scott W. would have answered me from weeks ago. Oh well, all I wanted to do was make my first 'official' post on my herping experiences in Nepal. I'll just keep waiting until someone can help me.

Paul
herpseeker1978

Post by herpseeker1978 »

I think there is an upload limit of 25. I would recommend using a photo-hosting site and then link them, that is how I do it. flickr was mentioned before, it's a good site, but google images will work or even just using a social media platform. All you need is the url of the image and put it in the img tags.

Here is a post about how to post photos: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13987
orionmystery

Post by orionmystery »

Yeah, sometimes I link from the images on Facebook, but the IQ is very bad though.
Paul Freed

Post by Paul Freed »

Thanks 'herpseeker1978' for confirming that there's a 25 photo limit on posts, it was driving me crazy not knowing what I was doing wrong. Since it's obvious that I'm not that savvy when it comes to computer stuff, I don't have any social media related accounts so adding photos that way wouldn't work for me. I'll just go ahead and do a two-part post on my Nepal trip. Thank again for your help!

Paul