Madison, WI

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Martti Niskanen

Madison, WI

Post by Martti Niskanen »

Hi herpers.

I'll be in Madison, WI during 2-15.6 for work. Won't bring any herping gear, nor won't be ready for it, but if just by chance someone is up for a little walk in herp-country, I'd appreciate it. Very short notice.

Pm or maeranni (at) gmail.com

Cheers,

Martti (Helsinki, Finland)
Jimi

Re: Madison, WI

Post by Jimi »

Hi Martti! Glad to hear you've got a USA visit coming right up.

I'm sorry I can't meet up with you or otherwise be very much help, but perhaps one point of clarification might help you get some help.

When you write 2-15.6, are we in USA to understand you mean you are (already) here June 2 - June 15?

I have a friend here in Utah who is from Wisconsin - perhaps he can contact you for some pointers. I wonder if you will find some aspects of WI somewhat similar to certain aspects of Finland. (I'm thinking of lots of water, and mosquitoes!)

Heads up - avoid tick bites. Permethrin your clothing, and do whatever you like to your skin.

cheers
Martti Niskanen

Re: Madison, WI

Post by Martti Niskanen »

Thanks Jimi.

Arrived in Madison this Sunday, June 2nd, and heading off back to Finland on June 15th. At work practically 6:30AM - 5:30PM during weekdays, so practically no time to herp after all. Also, didn't bring field gear. Will probably swap any herping for culture again and hit the museums and galleries in Madison (and the farmers market) and/or Chicago instead.

And yes, it's very much like Finland weather-wise. Very familiar with water, mozzies and ticks.

Cheers.