San Mateo County Charina 10/11//2010

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Zach_Lim

San Mateo County Charina 10/11//2010

Post by Zach_Lim »

Here are some boas I found this morning. Just copied by post from a different forum:
Well, decided to see if I can lay some boards down at this one area before class and decided to swing by the San Mateo boardline that was in disarray last time I checked. Well, it seems things got much better (probably after some sprucing up by a member or two) as was quite productive today. Only saw two snakes today, and both were some GORGEOUS Charina! A small male and a HUGE female under boards right next to each other! Here are some pics and a pic of the boards.
Question: Are boas year around animals if the weather is right? It was HOT there today (well, hot for boas?) at 75F airtemp and almost 80F on the surface of the boards.
Fundad

Re: San Mateo County Charina 10/11//2010

Post by Fundad »

Question: Are boas year around animals if the weather is right? It was HOT there today (well, hot for boas?) at 75F airtemp and almost 80F on the surface of the boards.

Well let me put it to you this way, the Rubber Boa man himself "Richard Hoyer" finds them year around in Oregon.

Fundad

PS Nice boas. I love finding Rubber boas....
Fieldnotes

Re: San Mateo County Charina 10/11//2010

Post by Fieldnotes »

WoW that is hot. I have found them in every season of the year, even in Winter when air temperatures were in the upper 40's