WDFW Video Contest: Washington State Reptile Observations

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

technoendo

WDFW Video Contest: Washington State Reptile Observations

Post by technoendo »

Hey folks!

For those living in Washington that have recently purchased a fishing license -- you've probably already seen an email about this outdoor video contest. If you haven't seen the notification but are interested in it, you can see the contest details here. The deadline is November 5th so there is still some time for submissions. Here is a video outline of the contest:

Be sure to read the terms on this page, especially be aware that WDFW may use any submissions as marketing material indefinitely.

NOTE: this is not a reptile related contest, but one category is "wildlife viewing" so I took the opportunity to shine a spotlight on just a few of Washington state's native reptiles. With the low public opinion of reptiles (especially snakes) I expect the contest winning video will be focused on something more widely appealing like birds, mammals, or fish. Still though, I gotta be me, and I figure y'all might appreciate my submission more than most people!

Good luck to anyone else submitting to this contest and if you primarily feature reptiles/amphibs I hope you win! Go herpetology team! :D
Porter

Re: WDFW Video Contest: Washington State Reptile Observation

Post by Porter »

Cool vid Ian :thumb: I like that shot of the racer with the group of people standing off faded in the background and the footage of that coiled buzztail with the rattling mixing into the song music. Good choice in music also… It’s catchy and it stayed with me on the way to work 8-)
technoendo

Post by technoendo »

Hey Porter, thanks man! I got a kick out of reading that the music stayed with you on the way to work!

The WDFW outdoor video contest is over, and to my surprise I won! This made my week! :D

https://www.facebook.com/WashingtonFish ... 024986761/
Porter

Post by Porter »

technoendo wrote:Hey Porter, thanks man! I got a kick out of reading that the music stayed with you on the way to work!

The WDFW outdoor video contest is over, and to my surprise I won! This made my week! :D

https://www.facebook.com/WashingtonFish ... 024986761/
Congrats man :beer: You earned it. Music plays in important role in video editing. A song with a good hook is just as effective as a song on the radio. Nice job!
Jimi

Post by Jimi »

to my surprise I won
Too humble by far. I'm not the least bit surprised. Congrats, man, huge congrats.

Now, if they really wanted to get people interacting with herps, and they really wanted to crank up their citizen-science-derived occurrence observations, they'd loosen up those tight regs. IMO. You ever broached the topic with them? Seems like now maybe you've got a window, if you're so inclined.

Again, congrats, good on ya.