Fun chasing desert iguanas

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

LouB747

Fun chasing desert iguanas

Post by LouB747 »

This was a lot of fun! Palm Springs, Ca.

RenoBart

Re: Fun chasing desert iguanas

Post by RenoBart »

You need to make a lizard noose, very simple, very easy to catch lizards! Just gotta be gentle!

Fun vid.
LouB747

Post by LouB747 »

Yeah, this was sort of a spur of the moment thing. Made for better video too!
RenoBart

Post by RenoBart »

LouB747 wrote:Yeah, this was sort of a spur of the moment thing. Made for better video too!
For sure! And you get exercise!
the_cw1

Post by the_cw1 »

Lou, I was honestly expecting Benny Hill chase music to start playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg
:D

Looks like you all had a fun time. And cool that you got to hang with Ian: he's a nice guy.

-Derek
LouB747

Post by LouB747 »

Damn, I wish I would have thought about the Benny Hill music. Of course, all the kids wouldn't have a clue as to where it came from.

Yeah, Ian's cool. Sadly, I didn't find any snakes until he had left already. Next time.
technoendo

Post by technoendo »

Aww shucks, y'all are too kind. I wouldn't have seen a desert iguana this trip on my own and owe it to Lou for pointing me at a really good site that had many dozens of these heat loving lizards. Everyone had a blast. I learned a lot about finding/catching desert iguanas by hand and I think I was more charmed by them than the chucks (which were still charming indeed!). Thanks a bunch Lou!

UPDATE: I've recently been cutting video from my herping warchest and pulled out some footage from the same trip where I visited LouB747 and learned a few tips on catching desert iguanas. I'll post it here bumping this thread to show Lou some appreciation. The video below even references a few other people here on the FHF!

Furthermore my friend Matt from the YouTube channel KrazyKids also made a video of my time with him plus a few bonus adventures. He can be a little goofy but I appreciate his flavor of lighthearted family herping fun.

I enjoy seeing one adventure from the perspectives of different people with their different lenses/gear/editing styles and techniques.

Lastly, my buddy Silence Dogood makes great videos but I think he focused more on photos while I visited him on that socal trip. I haven't ever seen him promote his videos here on the FHF so I'll post one of my favorite videos of his from last year on the sly!

It was a ton of fun to meet up with some fellow herpers with a video specialization!