First Aid options

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

lateralis

First Aid options

Post by lateralis »

So apologies ahead of time if this the wrong spot Scott but as we never came to fruition on the gear review forum idea I figured I’d put it here. im Sure we’ve all had our share of oopsies in the field ( I’ve been subject to several myself) and having the right first aid gear can make a difference. Tyler puts out a quality kit for everything from day hikes to expeditions to disasters and mishaps in between. Take a look at his offerings, these kits are full of the best gear you can buy.

https://www.tuffgearforlife.com

Thanks all!

Btw I am not affiliated with Tyler in any way and get nothing out of this, just trying to get him some exposure since he has a good product that is well suited to our activities.

Cheers
regalringneck

Re: First Aid options

Post by regalringneck »

...how much you gettn 2pimp their juncc ?
chris_mcmartin

Post by chris_mcmartin »

I'm not bashing those products, but I favor building one's own kit. That way everything put in it is (ostensibly) something you KNOW how to use, and when to use it, and you're not buying extra stuff you'd never use (or know how to). I think people generally tend to overbuy and sometimes they're buying a (false) sense of confidence.
lateralis

Post by lateralis »

Hey Chris no worries Tyler’s kits are beyond bashing to anyone who has emt training or knows a good kit when they see one. He only puts top shelf products in his kits, even the most basic kits have items you would normally see in a high value product. First aid for many is a personal gig, Tyler’s kits are geared towards folks who don’t want to bother sourcing quality items piecemeal but want something that will cover most emergencies and then some.
Regal, I know u could use one of these kits, especially after a chess game with me :lol:
regalringneck

Post by regalringneck »

next chess game im gonna have a coupla queens up my sleeve like ewe prolly did ... & for 1st aid, i go lite w/ a bandana, a belt or bootlaces (tourniquet), & a knife to do a tracheotomy, (if i really love the victim) i used to practice the latter w/ the deer i'd kill w/ my daughter ... none of em ever came back :p
lateralis

Post by lateralis »

The master need not cheat the student of a learning opportunity ;) A 6mm is tough to rebound from but Tyler’s kits come standard with clotting packs, Israeli bandages and a milspec tourniquet so your deer may have pulled through had you been equipped with his gear. :thumb: we were talking today and he is going to offer custom builds, you just pick what you want and he’ll pack it up in whatever case you want. I may just put up some pics of what he put together for me if I can remember how to do it.

My own kit fits in a 4x6x1.5 tin and I can cover everything from a headache to minor stitching to a bad tummy, it’s plenty light. And I know you carry more than your “machismo” lets on ya big girls blouse. :lol: