Moderator: Scott Waters

LouB747

3000 snakes

Post by LouB747 »

Thanks for all the support.

Ameron

Hi, Lou.

Post by Ameron »

When I first saw your YouTube videos months ago, I was taken back by your bold style. (Wich is odd, since I'm rather bold and outspoken myself.) Later, I began to really appreciate your style, focus & raw enthusiasm. Thanks for all of the posts - they are as enjoyable as they are informative about the natural world around us.

When I learned that you live in Huntington Beach, it brought back many memories. One of my best works of poetry was written in Huntington Beach during this timeframe.

In the 1980s, in my 20s, I lived in SoCal for 10 years: six in Orange County, four in Long Beach. I lived at the corner of Beach/Warner in HB, circa 1984-1986.
(The well water turned my dish drainer orange, not chalky white! That's when I began drinking distilled water.)

Just wanted to say "hi", and "thanks".

Shine on!
Porter

Re: 3000 snakes

Post by Porter »

Haha cool cature of 3000 hit mark :thumb: Dig the vids Lou. I'm planning on doing a short film at some point this year. I bought a GoPro Hero 5 and a little Cannon hand cam. I think I put the GoPro on the highest setting possible... above 1080p. I noticed it looks way grainy/sharp and I'm probably better off with a lower setting. Your vids always look real clear and smooth... What would you suggest for my GoPro and camcorder settings?
Brian Hubbs

Post by Brian Hubbs »

Damn...good editing on that video Lou... :thumb:
LouB747

Re: Hi, Lou.

Post by LouB747 »

Ameron, thank you. It’s my pleasure to try and share the experience. I hate being in front of the camera, but realize the videos can be a little plain without someone. Since I mostly herp alone, that someone is me.

I live very close....Bolsa Chica / Warner. There used to be an airport “Meadowlark” at that corner back in the 80s.

Thanks for taking the time to write. More videos coming...

Lou
LouB747

Post by LouB747 »

Porter wrote:Haha cool cature of 3000 hit mark :thumb: Dig the vids Lou. I'm planning on doing a short film at some point this year. I bought a GoPro Hero 5 and a little Cannon hand cam. I think I put the GoPro on the highest setting possible... above 1080p. I noticed it looks way grainy/sharp and I'm probably better off with a lower setting. Your vids always look real clear and smooth... What would you suggest for my GoPro and camcorder settings?
Thanks. Got lucky capturing the 3k moment. I use GoPros quite a bit, mostly flying videos. With the Hero 4 and 5, you have to set Max ISO to 400 to avoid grainy footage. That said, you’ll need some light. If you take the ISO up a bit, you can “denoise” it during editing and it’s usually ok.

This was shot at high ISO and denoised in post.....

LouB747

Post by LouB747 »

Brian Hubbs wrote:Damn...good editing on that video Lou... :thumb:
Thanks Brian, I went a little crazy on this one. Kind of fun doing it though.
Porter

Post by Porter »

Thanks Lou! I'm going to be doing a mixture of things... Part of it I want to look clear and other parts I want to look like an old movie. There's a setting on the video camera to make it look like a film as opposed to YouTube video. So I'm going to be experimenting with stuff like that. I'm may pm youlu a little later down the road asking some more advice...

Brian Hubbs wrote:Damn...good editing on that video Lou... :thumb:
What he said :thumb: