Treasures of Taiwan 2017. Part 2

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

VinceAdam2015

Treasures of Taiwan 2017. Part 2

Post by VinceAdam2015 »

On my last day, my mate pick-up me up from my hotel. I was told we are heading to the mountain... "the mountain". My heart was jumping with joy! I have heard good things and seen some awesome photos from my Taiwanese friends' facebook. I jumped on his little scooter and off we go. We are expecting a few other friends to join us up on the mountain.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
the_cw1

Re: Treasures of Taiwan 2017. Part 2

Post by the_cw1 »

I really enjoyed reading your two posts. It looks like you had a nice time. :)

Best,
-Derek
VinceAdam2015

Post by VinceAdam2015 »

the_cw1 wrote:I really enjoyed reading your two posts. It looks like you had a nice time. :)

Best,
-Derek
I did, its a short working trip and I managed to squeezed in a few nights out with my local friends.. they are such friendly people
numpty

Post by numpty »

Lovely pics. That hundred pacer is a beauty.

Just about all the many-banded kraits I've encountered over the past couple of years have been docile. Very nice to observe.

I think the photo of Gunther's frog (it's in Sylvirana now?) is actually a Polypedates braueri. Maybe P. megacephalus, but the faint webbing on the flanks looks braueri-ish to me.

By the way, I don't think Duttaphrynus melanostictus is an invasive species, or at least I've never heard that it is. What do I know though ...
VinceAdam2015

Post by VinceAdam2015 »

Thanks Numpty, not sure about the name change.. but I will check with my local Taiwan herp buddies. Cheers