Great southern California experience

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

carlg

Great southern California experience

Post by carlg »

My request for help finding herps in southern California was answered by Jeff Nordland and Robert Hess and his son Nicholas. I could not have asked for any more gracious guides to great field sites, where I saw quite a few lifers. I was impressed by the concern for the animals (photos, video only) and their environment. Jeff was also generous in helping me get video of a number of species that he uses in his public presentations. I will be posting a link to some of the video highlights soon - still editing.
Carl Gerhardt
Jeremy Wright

Re: Great southern California experience

Post by Jeremy Wright »

Hi Carl.
It was a pleasure to meet you and enjoy some beautiful places and animals with you and the Hess's. Looking forward to seeing the videos!
All the best,
Jeremy
SurfinHerp

Post by SurfinHerp »

I learned a few things and had a lot of fun herping with you Carl! Glad you enjoyed yourself while in CA.

Cheers,

Jeff
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Carl, I'm glad we we're able to help you while you were in California. Both days in the field were fantastic and I learned a lot from you too. Hopefully in the future we can find some spectacular herps somewhere again! I too of course am excited to see your footage.

Nicholas