NW chapter 2017 field trip...?

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Entomancer

NW chapter 2017 field trip...?

Post by Entomancer »

So, I've not said a word on this forum since a year ago, almost to the date.

I moved to Corvallis to finish my undergrad at Oregon State, and that's going really well, but it's very demanding and I have time for little else.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself at the 2016 field trip last year, and despite my time constraints, I was wondering if there were any plans to hold another one this year; has anyone thought of this at all, or is everyone else as busy as I am?
Richard F. Hoyer

Re: NW chapter 2017 field trip...?

Post by Richard F. Hoyer »

Eatomancer
From where did you move and what is your major? Entomology?

Because we finally are experiencing some decent weather, I had a local ‘field’ trip this afternoon. The best find was a 35 1/2 inch female Northwestern Garter Snake. Other species observe in my short field trip were Racers, one RS Garter Snake, many more NWGS, one boa, and on N. All. Lizard. Tomorrow, I may go out again and see if I can get my end of April fix on some Common Sharp-tailed Snakes.

R. F. Hoyer (Corvallis)

P.S. Where was the 2017 field trip held last year in 2016? Hah.
Entomancer

Re: NW chapter 2017 field trip...?

Post by Entomancer »

Richard F. Hoyer wrote:P.S. Where was the 2017 field trip held last year in 2016? Hah.
Hah, you got me. Fixed.

I'm actually a Fisheries and Wildlife major; I do enjoy insects and arthropods, but the username is mostly because I think it sounds cool.

I was living in the Hillsboro area before I moved here. I'm kind of excited, because I know that there's a bit more reptile diversity at this point in the valley than there is further north (although that may be due to how developed the areas near Portland have become).