Request for info: Odorrana anlungensis

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

AdamClive

Request for info: Odorrana anlungensis

Post by AdamClive »

I'm a member of an expedition to Anlong County, Guizhou, China in November next year. The expedition's primary purpose is caves, however, being an ecologist of sorts I was rather excited to hear about the Anlung Odorous Frog (Odorrana anlungensis). This frog is currently only known from a single mountain in the county, Mount Longtou. I'm hoping to take a few days out from caving to go looking for this frog, and if I'm very lucky, to photograph it.

Information available on the internet about the frog is rather scarce so I'm hoping someone on here will be able to help. I haven't even yet been able to find the location of Mount Longtou. Does anyone have access to any resources which hold further info e.g. descriptions, photographs, locations? The best source could be the following book, which apparently has some photos:

Fei, L., C.-y. Ye, and J.-p. Jiang. 2010. Colored Atlas of Chinese Amphibians. Sichuan Publishing Group/Sichuan Publishing House of Science and Technology.

Any help much appreciated, and I'll be sure to report back how it goes on here. :)