NAFHA Meeting, Mena, AR?

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

chrish

NAFHA Meeting, Mena, AR?

Post by chrish »

Haven't seen any follow-up posts about the NAFHA meeting in Mena Arkansas last week.

Did anyone go?
Coluber Constrictor

Re: NAFHA Meeting, Mena, AR?

Post by Coluber Constrictor »

Hadar

Post by Hadar »

The meeting was great. Severe storms created waterfalls (my video doesn't seem to want to show up here) on the mountain and some flash floods which limited herping but we didn't let that stop us. When I write my full report on the meeting I'll go into that more but since immediately after the meeting I've been traveling and first got back today it might be a few days before I get to that. Kory has the totals from the entire meeting. Here are some of the species that the people I was with found during the meeting:

Desmognathus brimleyorum (Ouachita Dusky Salamander) 7
Eurycea multiplicata multiplicata (Many-ribbed Salamander) 1
Plethodon albagula (Western Slimy Salamander) 5
Plethodon caddoensis (Caddo Mountain Salamander) 7
Plethodon fourchensis (Fourche Mountain Salamander) 15
Plethodon ouachitae (Rich Mountain Salamander) 9
Plethodon serratus (Southern Redback Salamander) 18

Agkistrodon contortrix (Copperhead) 12 (3 DOR)
Agkistrodon piscivorus (Cottonmouth) 5
Carphophis vermis (Western Worm Snake) 1
Diadophis punctatus (Ring-necked Snake) 4
Heterodon platirhinos (Eastern Hognose Snake) 1 DOR
Nerodia sipedon sipedon (Northern Water Snake) 1
Nerodia erythrogaster (Plain-bellied Water Snake) 3 DOR
Opheodrys aestivus (Rough Green Snake) 1 DOR
Pantherophis obsoletus (Black Rat Snake) 1 DOR
Virginia valeriae (Smooth Earth Snake) 1

Kinosternon subrubrum (Eastern Mud Turtle) 1 DOR
Terrapene carolina triunguis (Three-toed Box Turtle) 1
Trachemys scripta elegans (Red-eared Slider) 1

Acris crepitans (Cricket Frog) 1+
Anaxyrus americanus (American Toad) 14+
Gastrophryne carolinensis (Eastern Narrowmouth Toad) 1+
Hyla chrysoscelis (Copes Gray Tree Frog) 1+
Lithobates clamitans clamitans (Bronze Frog) 1
Lithobates palustris (Pickerel Frog) 1+
Pseudacris crucifer (Spring Peeper) 1+

Aspidoscelis sexlineata viridis (Six-lined Racerunner) 4
Plestiodon fasciatus (Five-lined Skink) 3
Plestiodon laticeps (Broadhead Skink) 1
Scincella lateralis (Ground Skink) 1

+ denotes others were heard but not seen

Cheers, Heather
Jimi

Post by Jimi »

I was also there and had a great time. Many, many thanks to those who helped do all the prep and people-moving work, particularly Kory Roberts and Kelly Irwin (http://salamanderscience.com/kelly-irwin/).
I was expecting it to be sort of a mini-Appalachia but it is way different.
I would agree with that. I'd even compare it like that to the Ozarks - I expected it to be very similar to the Ozarks, but to my mind it was not. The Ouachitas are unique and awesome - lower, steeper, and drier than the aforementioned ranges. Anybody on this forum would love to visit, and should. I'd like to go back, perhaps 2-3 weeks later in the spring, and focus on snakes and turtles. The timing of this year's visit was optimal for maximum potential diversity, as we worked out over the winter here on the FHF. But it was a little risky on weather (and we got some!), and sub-optimal for much specialization. But even if I had the power, I wouldn't change a thing about what was served up.

The weather was pretty nuts right before and as we got there. Steve Stocking and I met up at the OKC airport after lunchtime Friday, to partake of some hosted Oklahoma "vipering" on the way to Mena. Neither of us really even believed we'd get there that day, on account of all the severe thunderstorm warnings in the region. Amazingly, both our flights were on time (as had been my mid-AM connection through Dallas, also under nasty, nasty skies).

Between picking up the car and meeting Blacktara in Norman, and arriving at his first pigmy spot (a rural parcel owned by his friend), we got hosed with rain and pelted with hail. We had to pull over under a tree and wait out the worst of it. Then when we were walking for pigs, the tornado sirens fired up. It's pretty creepy walking around under a tree canopy with those things blasting. You can't see the shy and, well, that's pretty unpleasant if you'd rather be scanning for oncoming twisters. Yikes.

Anyway, after some more field hunting we saddled up for the ~4-hour drive to Mena. We saw about 30 DOR (and just 1 - one! - AOR) snakes on the way, of maybe 8 species. Stopped for some roadside frog choruses too. It turned out we were just behind the rapid east-bound weather dump that had smacked us around earlier. Roadside ditches and creeks were raging, everything was pouring water, there were branches and leaves all over the roads. Occasionally we'd catch up with the tail end of the weather, light rain or sprinkles.

When we got to Mena (2 AM or so - we stopped a lot on that "4-hr" drive, ha ha) we saw their pounding had just ended. Something like 5 inches of rain had just fallen, and the creeks and ditches there, like on the whole night's drive from central OK, were flowing very high and very fast. The rain ended Saturday AM. After that the weather was partly to mostly cloudy, with DTHs in the low-mid 60's and NTL's in the mid 40's to low 50's. AKA "pretty chilly". This all impacted (or, facilitated???) the herping weekend in interesting and sometimes confusing ways.

Herps & herping observations:
- several (4?) ringed salamander metamorphs were located, on 2 very different days (these fall breeders emerge as metamorphs with spring rains; we got lucky)
- stream salamanders were very hard to find (the creeks were messed up!)
- flipping for woodland sallies was just fine
- flipping for most squamates was good
- flipping for the fossorial snakes was surprisingly hard (I flipped or was there for several ringers and a worm snake, but - amazingly I thought - no Virginia, Storeria, Tantilla)
- west-central Arkansas has a lot of copperheads, ha ha
- after that first crazy night, road-cruising for sallies wasn't happening - it was no longer raining
- the upland snake cruising right near Mena shut down real early every night because of cold temps (that said, several coppers were cruised at 59-62 F, often in a chilly fog)
- the lowland cruising areas to the south were heavily impacted by flooding
- I need to go back for my "lifer" oak-forest C. atrox.

My hunting parties (people came and went) got almost all the same species as Hadar, plus a few others, e.g. A cinctum, L. triangulum & calligaster, M. flagellum, C. horridus. We got about 40 DOR snakes all told, and just a few AORs. As she noted, Kory has the full tally of species seen, and numbers. My trip companion Steve Stocking took the time to HERP-catalog many of our finds, with voucher cell-phone shots. Other folks had "real cameras".

Steve and I +/- retraced our steps back to OKC over the day Monday, stopping now and then to rack up some more species & numbers for the trip. We cut it a little close on our departures but hey, who wants to sit around an airport?

OK, that should help draw a picture for people. I will leave it to the photo-takers to post pics.

cheers,
Jimi
chrish

Post by chrish »

Hadar wrote:The meeting was great. Severe storms created waterfalls (my video doesn't seem to want to show up here) on the mountain and some flash floods which limited herping but we didn't let that stop us. When I write my full report on the meeting I'll go into that more but since immediately after the meeting I've been traveling and first got back today it might be a few days before I get to that. Kory has the totals from the entire meeting. Here are some of the species that the people I was with found during the meeting:

Desmognathus brimleyorum (Ouachita Dusky Salamander) 7
Eurycea multiplicata multiplicata (Many-ribbed Salamander) 1
Plethodon albagula (Western Slimy Salamander) 5
Plethodon caddoensis (Caddo Mountain Salamander) 7
Plethodon fourchensis (Fourche Mountain Salamander) 15
Plethodon ouachitae (Rich Mountain Salamander) 9
Plethodon serratus (Southern Redback Salamander) 18

Agkistrodon contortrix (Copperhead) 12 (3 DOR)
Agkistrodon piscivorus (Cottonmouth) 5
Carphophis vermis (Western Worm Snake) 1
Diadophis punctatus (Ring-necked Snake) 4
Heterodon platirhinos (Eastern Hognose Snake) 1 DOR
Nerodia sipedon sipedon (Northern Water Snake) 1
Nerodia erythrogaster (Plain-bellied Water Snake) 3 DOR
Opheodrys aestivus (Rough Green Snake) 1 DOR
Pantherophis obsoletus (Black Rat Snake) 1 DOR
Virginia valeriae (Smooth Earth Snake) 1

Kinosternon subrubrum (Eastern Mud Turtle) 1 DOR
Terrapene carolina triunguis (Three-toed Box Turtle) 1
Trachemys scripta elegans (Red-eared Slider) 1

Acris crepitans (Cricket Frog) 1+
Anaxyrus americanus (American Toad) 14+
Gastrophryne carolinensis (Eastern Narrowmouth Toad) 1+
Hyla chrysoscelis (Copes Gray Tree Frog) 1+
Lithobates clamitans clamitans (Bronze Frog) 1
Lithobates palustris (Pickerel Frog) 1+
Pseudacris crucifer (Spring Peeper) 1+

Aspidoscelis sexlineata viridis (Six-lined Racerunner) 4
Plestiodon fasciatus (Five-lined Skink) 3
Plestiodon laticeps (Broadhead Skink) 1
Scincella lateralis (Ground Skink) 1

+ denotes others were heard but not seen

Cheers, Heather

Damn, that's five lifers I missed.
Glad to see it was a successful trip.

Hat's off to all those who put it together (and those who attended).
kaptainkory

Post by kaptainkory »

I've been buried with other things since the trip. I'll hopefully have a little report put together before long. Weather kind of made things tough with the herps; alternator going out on my truck made things tough on me personally; but the people were great!
Jimi

Post by Jimi »

Kory, I assume Kelly was able to get you the trip log from Sunday PM, after we parted ways? He took notes diligently. We 6 had a pretty nice little "Fourche hunt". Great recently-burned open ridgetop hunting, you'd like that spot. The USFS gate wasn't locked.

cheers
mfb

Post by mfb »

Sounds like a great trip, looking forward to seeing the trip reports with photos.
kaptainkory

Post by kaptainkory »

Jimi wrote:Kory, I assume Kelly was able to get you the trip log from Sunday PM, after we parted ways?
He did.

Report is under review and should be posted soon.
kaptainkory

Post by kaptainkory »

2016 NAFHA National Field Trip - Mena, Arkansas - Final Report
By Kory Roberts ([email protected])

ABSTRACT
The North American Field Herping Association and Arkansas Herpetological Society held a joint herpetological field trip at Queen Wilhelmina State Park, just northwest of Mena, Arkansas, Friday, April 29 through Sunday, May 1, 2016. Anyone with an interest in searching for amphibians and reptiles in the wild was invited to attend. For a report documenting the field trip, please view the final report (https://goo.gl/QMUufA).

AHS-NAFHA National Field Trip by Kory Roberts, on Flickr

OVERVIEW
A few early arrivers met at a local establishment in Mena Thursday night. We had a great time catching up with old friends and meeting new acquaintances.

A heavy, flooding rain soaked the entire region overnight. Having bailed out of camping through the rough weather, Brad, Kelly, and I woke up early Friday in our hotel rooms in Mena to head up the mountain and establish our first morning meeting. Best laid plans gone to waste when my truck alternator gave up the ghost pulling out of the hotel parking lot and I was left scrambling around frantically trying to get it to the nearest repair shop about 0.5 miles away. After a rescue by Brad, we actually arrived close to our originally scheduled meeting time. It was still pretty much pouring down rain and a small core group of about 15 people had gathered.

After introductions and logistics, the rains began to break up and wouldn’t be too problematic (people-wise) the rest of the day. At our first stop, we turned up Rich Mountain Salamanders (Plethodon ouachitae) in spades. Moving along to a couple of other easy-to-access stops, we turned up some common species, such as Southern Red-backed Salamander (Plethodon serratus), Eastern Copperhead (Agkistrodon contortrix), Western Smooth Earthsnake (Virginia valeriae elegans), and others.

Rich Mountain Salamander by Kory Roberts, on Flickr

Southern Red-backed Salamander by Kory Roberts, on Flickr

Rich Mountain Salamander by Kory Roberts, on Flickr

Eastern Copperhead by Kory Roberts, on Flickr

Common Five-lined Skink, Male by Kory Roberts, on Flickr

Prairie Racerunner, Juvenile by Kory Roberts, on Flickr

About lunchtime, we met at the Rich Mountain store, which was just a great source of enjoyment in itself. The store owner is as much entertainer as he is cook and you must stop in if you are ever traveling through!

After lunch, we hit one Fourche Mountain Salamander (Plethodon fourchensis) site without success, then, after much effort at a second site, finally turned one up.

Western Slimy Salamander by Kory Roberts, on Flickr

Ouachita Dusky Salamander by Kory Roberts, on Flickr

Fourche Mountain Salamander by Kory Roberts, on Flickr

The larger group then splintered for dinner, some headed for road cruising atop the mountain afterward. Some of us ate in town and then took a bit longer drive, with the rains gathering back up to a torrent, to a special locality which did not disappoint! Fourche Mountain Salamander (Plethodon fourchensis) were surface active and out in force. Over 50 were observed in just a short time.

Southern Red-backed Salamander by Kory Roberts, on Flickr

On Saturday morning, I had more unexpected difficulties getting my truck problems resolved with the repair shop, but arrived at the gathering place to see our numbers had doubled. The skies were clearing and hopes were high.

After more introductions and logistics, the larger group splintered up quite a bit. One group headed to a locality for “surefire” Milksnakes. I went with a group around Queen Wilhelmina State Park. Along the way, we found three Speckled Kingsnake (Lampropeltis holbrooki), one flipped and two basking.

Speckled Kingsnake by Kory Roberts, on Flickr

Speckled Kingsnake by Kory Roberts, on Flickr

A few of us then headed off to a site for Kiamichi Slimy Salamander (Plethodon kiamichi). In a short time, we had turned up 2, along with a Northern Cottonmouth (Agkistrodon piscivorus) and Western Wormsnake (Carphophis vermis).

Northern Cottonmouth by Kory Roberts, on Flickr

Western Wormsnake by Kory Roberts, on Flickr

Kiamichi Slimy Salamander by Kory Roberts, on Flickr

Kiamichi Slimy Salamander by Kory Roberts, on Flickr

While some took off for dinner and then made preparations for an educational program at the state park, I went with a couple of others on a mad dash to get Caddo Mountain Salamander (Plethodon caddoensis). After a little drive and some concerted flipping, we turned up one subadult. We even made it back to town in time to eat dinner with some others!

Caddo Mountain Salamander by Kory Roberts, on Flickr

As darkness approached, some were at the educational program, while others split off in various directions. I went with a couple of others south to Pond Creek NWR in hopes of lowland herps. While results were not quite as spectacular as I had hoped, we did hear a few Western Bird-voiced Treefrog (Hyla avivoca avivoca), saw a DOR Broad-banded Watersnake (Nerodia fasciata confluens), and splashed up to bank a small Three-toed Amphiuma (Amphiuma tridactylum).

Eastern Copperhead by Kory Roberts, on Flickr

Three-toed Amphiuma, Subadult by Kory Roberts, on Flickr

After dragging in about 2am, Sunday morning came bright, early, and cold! After a short meeting with the remaining group, smaller units splintered off again. A small number of us opted to stay close, while a larger contingent headed off to a hillside that had been recently burned by the forest service.

The group I was with hit a site for Milksnakes, but came up empty. Then, with the sun coming out in full force, we tried our hand at a site for basking rattlesnakes. It was a much farther, rugged, briar-smothered hike than I had expected. By the time we drug ourselves back up the slope, I was near to exhaustion!

The other group fared much better at the burned site, turning up a Timber Rattlesnake (Crotalus horridus), Eastern Coachwhip (Coluber flagellum flagellum), Ringed Salamander (Ambystoma annulatum), and another Fourche Mountain Salamander (Plethodon fourchensis).

As I was literally packing up to head for home, a car from my group whipped back into camp and Alex popped out with a large AOR Prairie Kingsnake (Lampropeltis calligaster calligaster) in hand! Not a bad way at all to finish!

While the rains should have been good for herping success, they were just too much and the herping and attendance was definitely affected. Even some “sure thing” herps never manifested, even at otherwise reliable sites and habitats. With the efforts put to flipping by so many people, not a single Milksnake!!! Wow! Even some of the salamander species seemed to be more difficult to get than they should have been. The sun didn’t really come out much until Sunday, so not so good on basking turtles and other herps trying to dry out.

With a lot of effort, we did manage to get all the key salamander endemics. Even a couple of Ringed Salamander (Ambystoma annulatum) were found, which was great as these are almost never seen out of season.

Some new to the hobby seemed to take right to it, several life-listers added to their herp (and bird) lists, and everyone all around just went with the flow, got along great, and had a grand time! All in all--despite my personal stress with the meeting, weather, and truck repairs--it was a great meeting with great people! Would love to do it again down the road!

SUMMARY NUMBERS
  • Total number of participants: 30
  • Total number of herp species: 50
    • Frogs: 14, Salamanders: 10
    • Snakes: 16, Lizards: 5, Turtles: 5
SPECIES LISTS

Queen Wilhelmina State Park
  • Frogs
    • Bufonidae
      • Dwarf American Toad (Anaxyrus americanus charlesmithi)...1
      • Unidentified Anaxyrus...2
    • Hylidae
      • Spring Peeper (Pseudacris crucifer)...1
    • Ranidae
      • Unidentified Lithobates...TMTC
  • Salamanders
    • Plethodontidae
      • Western Slimy Salamander (Plethodon albagula complex)...1
      • Rich Mountain Salamander (Plethodon ouachitae)...43+
      • Southern Red-backed Salamander (Plethodon serratus)...2
  • Snakes
    • Crotalidae
      • Eastern Copperhead (Agkistrodon contortrix)...6, 1 DOR
    • Colubridae
      • North American Racer (Coluber constrictor ssp.)...1
      • Prairie Kingsnake (Lampropeltis calligaster calligaster)...1
      • Speckled Kingsnake (Lampropeltis holbrooki)...3
    • Dipsadidae
      • Ring-necked Snake (Diadophis punctatus ssp.)...9
  • Lizards
    • Phrynosomatidae
      • Prairie Lizard (Sceloporus consobrinus)...1
    • Scincidae
      • Common Five-lined Skink (Plestiodon fasciatus)...10
      • Little Brown Skink (Scincella lateralis complex)
Ouachita National Forest, Mena-Oden Ranger District
  • Frogs
    • Bufonidae
      • Dwarf American Toad (Anaxyrus americanus charlesmithi)...TMTC
      • Fowler's Toad (Anaxyrus fowleri)...1
      • Unidentified Anaxyrus...TMTC
    • Hylidae
      • Blanchard's Cricket Frog (Acris blanchardi)...11+, calling
      • Cope's Gray Treefrog (Hyla chrysoscelis)...TMTC, calling
      • Green Treefrog (Hyla cinerea)...3
      • Gray Treefrog (Hyla versicolor)...3, calling?
      • Spring Peeper (Pseudacris crucifer)...TMTC, calling
      • Cajun Chorus Frog (Pseudacris fouquettei)...TMTC, calling
    • Microhylidae
      • Eastern Narrow-mouthed Toad (Gastrophryne carolinensis)
    • Ranidae
      • American Bullfrog (Lithobates catesbeianus)...4
      • Green Frog (Lithobates clamitans)...4
      • Pickerel Frog (Lithobates palustris)...2
      • Coastal Plains Leopard Frog (Lithobates sphenocephalus utricularius)...11+
      • Unidentified Lithobates...TMTC
  • Salamanders
    • Ambystomatidae
      • Ringed Salamander (Ambystoma annulatum)...3
    • Plethodontidae
      • Ouachita Dusky Salamander (Desmognathus brimleyorum)...11
      • Many-ribbed Salamander, Western Clade (Eurycea multiplicata)...5
      • Western Slimy Salamander (Plethodon albagula complex)...12
      • Caddo Mountain Salamander (Plethodon caddoensis)...8
      • Fourche Mountain Salamander (Plethodon fourchensis)...53+
      • Kiamichi Slimy Salamander (Plethodon kiamichi)...2
      • Rich Mountain Salamander (Plethodon ouachitae)...TMTC
      • Southern Red-backed Salamander (Plethodon serratus)...75+
  • Snakes
    • Crotalidae
      • Eastern Copperhead (Agkistrodon contortrix)...17, 5 DOR
      • Northern Cottonmouth (Agkistrodon piscivorus)...7
      • Timber Rattlesnake (Crotalus horridus)...1, 1 DOR
    • Colubridae
      • Eastern Coachwhip (Coluber flagellum flagellum)...1
      • Prairie Kingsnake (Lampropeltis calligaster calligaster)...1 DOR
      • Speckled Kingsnake (Lampropeltis holbrooki)...1
      • Northern Rough Greensnake (Opheodrys aestivus aestivus)...3, 1 DOR
      • Western Ratsnake (Pantherophis obsoletus)...2
    • Dipsadidae
      • Western Wormsnake (Carphophis vermis)...11
      • Ring-necked Snake (Diadophis punctatus ssp.)...9
    • Natricidae
      • Plain-bellied Watersnake (Nerodia erythrogaster)...3, 3 DOR
      • Midland Watersnake (Nerodia sipedon pleuralis)...3
      • Orange-striped Ribbonsnake (Thamnophis proximus proximus)...2
      • Western Smooth Earthsnake (Virginia valeriae elegans)...1
  • Lizards
    • Phrynosomatidae
      • Prairie Lizard (Sceloporus consobrinus)...23
    • Scincidae
      • Common Five-lined Skink (Plestiodon fasciatus)...18
      • Broad-headed Skink (Plestiodon laticeps)...1
      • Unidentified Plestiodon...2
      • Little Brown Skink (Scincella lateralis complex)...11
    • Teiidae
      • Prairie Racerunner (Aspidoscelis sexlineata viridis)...4
  • Turtles
    • Emydidae
      • Eastern River Cooter (Pseudemys concinna concinna)...2
      • Three-toed Box Turtle (Terrapene triunguis)...5
      • Red-eared Slider (Trachemys scripta elegans)...1
Pond Creek National Wildlife Refuge
  • Frogs
    • Bufonidae
      • Fowler's Toad (Anaxyrus fowleri)...~10, calling
    • Hylidae
      • Blanchard's Cricket Frog (Acris blanchardi)...TMTC, calling
      • Western Bird-voiced Treefrog (Hyla avivoca avivoca)...~10, calling
      • Cope's Gray Treefrog (Hyla chrysoscelis)...TMTC, calling
      • Green Treefrog (Hyla cinerea)...1, calling
      • Spring Peeper (Pseudacris crucifer)...TMTC, calling
    • Ranidae
      • Green Frog (Lithobates clamitans)...4, calling
  • Salamanders
    • Amphiumidae
      • Three-toed Amphiuma (Amphiuma tridactylum)...1
  • Snakes
    • Crotalidae
      • Northern Cottonmouth (Agkistrodon piscivorus)...2
    • Colubridae
      • Western Ratsnake (Pantherophis obsoletus)...1
    • Natricidae
      • Plain-bellied Watersnake (Nerodia erythrogaster)...1
      • Broad-banded Watersnake (Nerodia fasciata confluens)...1 DOR
      • Northern Diamond-backed Watersnake (Nerodia rhombifer rhombifer)...1 DOR
Other Localities
  • Frogs
    • Ranidae
      • American Bullfrog (Lithobates catesbeianus)...2
  • Snakes
    • Crotalidae
      • Eastern Copperhead (Agkistrodon contortrix)...2, 3 from OK
      • Northern Cottonmouth (Agkistrodon piscivorus)...1
    • Colubridae
      • Prairie Kingsnake (Lampropeltis calligaster calligaster)...3
      • Western Ratsnake (Pantherophis obsoletus)...2, 1 from OK
    • Dipsadidae
      • Eastern Hog-nosed Snake (Heterodon platirhinos)...1 from OK
    • Natricidae
      • Plain-bellied Watersnake (Nerodia erythrogaster)...4, 1 DOR, 1 from OK
  • Lizards
    • Phrynosomatidae
      • Prairie Lizard (Sceloporus consobrinus)...2 from OK
  • Turtles
    • Chelydridae
      • Snapping Turtle (Chelydra serpentina)...2
    • Emydidae
      • Eastern River Cooter (Pseudemys concinna concinna)...2
      • Three-toed Box Turtle (Terrapene triunguis)...1
    • Kinosternidae
      • Mississippi Mud Turtle (Kinosternon subrubrum hippocrepis)...2
DOR = Dead on road
TMTC = Too many to count
mfb

Post by mfb »

Fantastic trip report, thanks for sharing!

What was in that sandwich?
Hadar

Post by Hadar »

mfb wrote:Fantastic trip report, thanks for sharing!

It was crunchy honey peanut butter with extra honey and dill pickle slices.
mfb

Post by mfb »

Hadar wrote:
mfb wrote:Fantastic trip report, thanks for sharing!

It was crunchy honey peanut butter with extra honey and dill pickle slices.
Hmmmmm . . . sounds . . . interesting!
mtratcliffe

Post by mtratcliffe »

Awesome trip report! I'm glad you all were able to have some success despite the torrential downpours. It's always good to see these annual meetings continue!
chrish

Post by chrish »

Kory (et al),

Do we know how many non-AHS members attended (i.e. how many people NAFHA brought in)?

Sorry I missed it.