Photos please...

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

robert

Photos please...

Post by robert »

All:

Here in Boston, it has been a really cold spring. It snowed in early April. And at the start of May, it is still in the mid 50's. I have seen a couple of Garter snakes, but hope for seeing the Timber rattlesnakes and Copperheads emerging from hibernation is probably a month away.

So, I turned to the AZ page to live vicariously, but there are very few photos. Please post! I am desperate and counting the days until I get my ten days in AZ (Early Aug).

Hope to see some you you then.

Robert
ThamnElegans24

Re: Photos please...

Post by ThamnElegans24 »

Here's a little something for you. I'd post more, but I'm having issues uploading to photobucket at the moment.

Tucson Shovel-nosed Snakes

craigb

Post by craigb »

A few Crotes......

Tiger
Blacktail
Atrox
Mohave
Tortoise
craigb

Post by craigb »

Longnosed snakes from AZ !!! :D :D :D :D

In the words of Mr. Hubbs: These are all fictional animals, there truly are NO reptiles in Arizona. You would be better off watching the Discovery Channel in Boston.
;) ;) ;) ;)
robert

Post by robert »

Thank you so much for the photos. Today, we had our eighth consecutive day of rain and temps in the 50's. So the photos were a ray of sunshine in sunless week. Can you imagine not seeing the sun for eight days?

WRT to fictional animals, the Tucson Shovel nose is fictional. Much of what I have read indicates that it is extinct. But now there is another fictional animal on my lifer list to look for this summer. Care to provide a hint for a location (joking)?

Looking at your photos is way better than the Discovery Chanel. They give me hope when I go to AZ. So, now I am really exited for early August.

Robert
craigb

Post by craigb »

I am going to try to be there in August or Sept. also.... :thumb:
ThamnElegans24

Post by ThamnElegans24 »

There's nothing fictional about Tucson Shovel-nose, other than the subspecies not being recognized anymore by a lot of people. Personally, as long as it's a valid subspecies in the database, I'll use it. Even if it's just to identify the color phase. As for them being "extinct", that's only in the Tucson area. They are definitely present in plenty of locations northeast of their namesake. And I wouldn't mind offering up a little info on them, but I doubt it would do you much good in the summer.