flickr problems

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Tamara D. McConnell

flickr problems

Post by Tamara D. McConnell »

I've been loving Flickr, but all of a sudden, it seems to have lost its mind. Is anyone else having problems accessing their photos? If so, please share a solution. I've followed the convoluted directions flickr provides and it does not work. Am very frustrated. Also, can you please suggest an alternative to flickr? I'm through with it, as soon as I can get to my pictures and get them transferred. Thank you in advance.

edited to add: Nevermind, got the flickr thing figured out. But would still like recommendations for an alternative. Preferably one very used-friendly for tech idiots.
Kelly Mc

Re: flickr problems

Post by Kelly Mc »

I too would like an alternative that's just plain storage and management, and not involved in facebook style sharing fervor.

Just somewhere I can move my pics to and from without hype.
klawnskale

Post by klawnskale »

I have been using Photobucket with very little issues for many years. Uploading photos and pasting links is pretty easy on it.
Antonsrkn

Post by Antonsrkn »

I too would like an alternative that's just plain storage and management, and not involved in facebook style sharing fervor.

Just somewhere I can move my pics to and from without hype.
You can set all your stuff to private if you want. No one will bother you & force you to look at their shared photos or anything.

I personally am not a fan of photobucket, if you want to resize or anything like that using photobucket its a pain.
Tamara D. McConnell

I used to use Photobucket. Don't like it.
bgorum

Post by bgorum »

I left photobucket for flickr a number of years ago because of language in their user agreement that essentially has you giving up copyrights to your photos. I left flickr a year or so ago for 500px, because 500px allows you to market photos through their site and their commission was quite good. However, 500px has since reduced their commission drastically so that part is no longer an advantage in my mind. I do like the community on 500px better though. Its geared more towards real photographers and not so much towards peoples' family and vacation photos. You don't need to follow a ton of people and be super active on 500px for your pictures to get noticed, (though there is still some of that going on). I think 500px's layout of photos looks better than Flickr too. One downside, if you use the site to host pictures you're going to post on this forum, the process of linking the pictures is not as automatic or simple as Flickr's.
Tamara D. McConnell

My photos are not nearly distinguished enough for 500px. No commercial value. In fact, folks would be more likely to pay me to NOT post pictures. But I do appreciate the info, Bgorum.
Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

The ability to poke fun at oneself, and be self critical is a sign of outstanding character.

but I would not agree with what you say about your pictures.

The hosting sites and their annoying, obstructive ways make me not want to post. Im not a photographer by any stretch but that doesn't mean I don't want to take part.

I just wish there was something plain.
Tamara D. McConnell

I just wish there was something plain.
Omigosh, me too! Just something straightforward and simple.
klawnskale

Post by klawnskale »

If there were no need to for a Photo Hosting site in order to post photos here, it would be a lot easier for everyone; but photos take up a lot of bandwidth so I can understand why Scott doesn't want to have the files implanted directly on the website.