Post photos of wild herps feeding

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

walk-about

Re: Post photos of wild herps feeding

Post by walk-about »

Wow!! This may be the best pic request topic on here in a long, long time. I love these pics. Some of these captures are absolutely incredible!!! Does anyone remember who posted that Fl Coral snake killing a Corn snake. I believe both snakes were well off the ground. I would love to see that one again. Keep em' coming.

Dave
Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

Agreed! The whole thread deserves an orchestrated score. my eardrums are kind of rushing from the coolness. Man Im not kidding they are. Some of these captured moments are mindblowing!
VICtort

Post by VICtort »

Well said Kelly and Dave and thanks to you who posted these amazing shots.

My single all time favorite herp shot on FHF over the years was an american alligator(s) that lined up on a culvert/pipe that drained a tidal pond/estuary. With the outgoing tide, the mullet would come to their waiting/gaping maws, and they were snapping them up, the photo caught the action, mullet and water spraying in the air. Anyone remember it? It may have been from the Carolinas? I want to see that someday, a bucket list for sure!

I hope it will get posted again if someone has it, and I have the basic story down, if not set us straight.

Gratefully, Vic

PS. Chris Harrison's shot of the D.c. rubidus with the Trimorphodon prey is pretty special...
Naja Bungarus

Post by Naja Bungarus »

Not a photo, but a video I captured last year in Thailand. I saw a skink lying on the road, I looked at it and then decided to buy some bottles of gas on the store next to it.
When I was done buying I went to take a second glance at the skink and saw a Lycodon laoensis, Laotian wolf snake closing in, it had tracked it down and attacked the skink the moment I walked towards them. The video was a quick edit, and lightning could had been adjusted, though. Anyway a good 4,5min watch :)
Mattsnake

Post by Mattsnake »

King Cobra (Ophiophagus hannah) and a Reticulated Python (Malayopython reticulatus) in Thailand

Naja Bungarus

Post by Naja Bungarus »

[quote="Mattsnake"]King Cobra (Ophiophagus hannah) and a Reticulated Python (Malayopython reticulatus) in Thailand

Kaeng Krachan? :)
Mattsnake

Post by Mattsnake »

Naja Bungarus wrote:
Mattsnake wrote:King Cobra (Ophiophagus hannah) and a Reticulated Python (Malayopython reticulatus) in Thailand

Kaeng Krachan? :)
Sure was!