For Kent

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

hellihooks

For Kent

Post by hellihooks »

As most must know by now, former Nafha Ca. Chap President Kent Van Sooy passed away last week, due to heart attack.

As often as not, when things became contentious and ugly here on these forums, Kent would gently remind us why we were all here, by posting amazing shots of beautiful herps... with an eye towards amazing vista shots, with a rosy or other stellar herp in the foreground. While my photography has never come close to holding a candle to Kent's... I'm gonna go ahead and post my favorite pic, that reminds me of Kent... in that he was one of the most upstanding persons I have ever known.

I would ask that everone who wants to post a pic, in rememberance of Kent, post their one very best shot, or a pic that reminds you most of Kent. If anyone wants to add a pic of 'happy cows' for Anne Marie Van Sooy... that would be a nice thing to do, as well.

In closing... I'm chargrined and dismayed to find that in my 5,000 herping pics... I don't have a single pic of Kent, and what's worse... never really found the time to tell him how much I actually respected and admired him... :( take it to heart people... tell um while you can... :? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgMEPk6 ... bedded#t=0

craigb

Post by craigb »

RobertH

Re: For Kent

Post by RobertH »

ImageCoastal Rosy Boa (Lichanura trivirgata roseofusca) by NicholasHess, on Flickr
Inspired by Kent.
Nicholas
Y.Morgan

Re: For Kent

Post by Y.Morgan »

Kent had a way of looking at my posts and picking out my own favorite, obscure photos. How did he do that? Often his insightful, detailed comments had little or nothing to do with herps, which made me feel less foolish for including artistic shots. The quality and kindness of his observations make me want to be more like him. Cheers to you, Kent - I hope you're resting peacefully.
York