Rattlesnake In-Situ VIDEO - Very Boring

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

John Delgado

Rattlesnake In-Situ VIDEO - Very Boring

Post by John Delgado »

Season 2014 was my first year field herping

June of 2014 I found Field Herp Forum, and met some GREAT people - I quickly learned herping is not always handling ... especially rattlesnakes.

In the fall season of 2014 I learned about in-situ photography ... and I dedicated my 2015 season to in situ photography.

Here is one sleepy rattlesnake ... very boring, but I think it's one of my BEST video's if I may say.

DO NOT ever let anyone tell you in-situ is not exciting. I find GREAT excitement if/when I can get touching distance from these marvels of God's creation and they just don't know I'm there ... or they know, but they just don't care. When I get this close and they are not disturbed, it's cliché I know ... but I feel I am one with the rattlesnake ... it's a GREAT feeling ... way better than handling ... wayyyyyyyyyyy better...! :)
Kelly Mc

Re: Rattlesnake In-Situ VIDEO - Very Boring

Post by Kelly Mc »

A man chooses to let something beautiful have peace and in doing so contributes a moment of good will on Earth.

Sublime maybe. Boring, no.
LouB747

Post by LouB747 »

Nice. Love rattlesnakes.
John Delgado

Post by John Delgado »

Kelly Mc wrote:
A man chooses to let something beautiful have peace and in doing so contributes a moment of good will on Earth.

Sublime maybe. Boring, no.
Great post - thank you.

Regarding the thread title ... I should've mentioned I am a very sarcastic person :mrgreen:
John Delgado

Post by John Delgado »

Here's another video, more on the rattlesnake awareness side ... in-situ only, and like the previous ... photo is at the end.

Noah M

Post by Noah M »

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: HAHA!! :lol: :lol: Just kidding.

These are great. In situ is hard, good in situ is harder, and a real test of patience. Thanks for sharing :thumb:
John Delgado

Post by John Delgado »

captainjack0000 wrote: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: HAHA!! :lol: :lol: Just kidding.
Oh I knowww ... I was falling asleep while recording that video even, I wanted to cuddle up right next to that rattler - take a nap...! :lol:
captainjack0000 wrote:These are great. In situ is hard, good in situ is harder, and a real test of patience. Thanks for sharing :thumb:
Seriously tho ... I'm certain the seasoned herpers will already know, but in situ is harder than just straight out pincher grab, pose in defensive routine. All that is just TOO easy...!

Myself, being new to this ... this thrill of getting close without disturbing is an effort in patience ... I have never moved so slow in all my life. Step by step, inch by inch ... :) To get in there and outta there and the rattler NOT know you were there, or they know and they just don't give a ........... THAT'S in situ ;)