Chapter Meetup 2015 - I dropped the ball. :(

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

ZantiMissKnit

Chapter Meetup 2015 - I dropped the ball. :(

Post by ZantiMissKnit »

It's almost June already, and I never get together any plans for a NE Chapter Meetup. The harsh, never-ending winter up here left me with a lingering feeling of ennui, and my life and work has gotten in the way.

What should we do?

Are people open to pushing off the 2015 Chapter Meetup to 2016 (which, I realize, there may be a new President to worry about it), or were you really looking forward to one this year? We might be able to throw together something quickly, but I can't promise that I'd be able to make it. We can also start planning a 2016 meetup, and make it big.

Any thoughts?
jimoo742

Re: Chapter Meetup 2015 - I dropped the ball. :(

Post by jimoo742 »

You're fired :)
Kyle from Carolina

Post by Kyle from Carolina »

How do these chapter meet-ups work? I've never been to any of the NAFHA meet-ups but I've been meaning to make a point to. I will officially be a MA resident starting in late Aug/early Sep so I'd like to go, if there's going to be one during the fall of this year or at any point in 2016.

-Kyle
Jeffreyrichard

Post by Jeffreyrichard »

Perhaps a single day outing ... central location, week before or after Labor Day. Maybe Western CT/Hudson River Valley ... easily reachable by Eastern New Englanders, NJ, NY,PA, MD. Or NJ (Northern or Pine Barrens). Targets Black Rats, Copperheads, Milk, Greens, Hogs, Wood and Spotted Turtles
Mike VanValen

Post by Mike VanValen »

Jeffreyrichard wrote:Perhaps a single day outing ... central location, week before or after Labor Day. Maybe Western CT/Hudson River Valley ... easily reachable by Eastern New Englanders, NJ, NY,PA, MD. Or NJ (Northern or Pine Barrens). Targets Black Rats, Copperheads, Milk, Greens, Hogs, Wood and Spotted Turtles
That's a good way to assure no one shows up :lol:
Kyle from Carolina wrote:How do these chapter meet-ups work? I've never been to any of the NAFHA meet-ups but I've been meaning to make a point to. I will officially be a MA resident starting in late Aug/early Sep so I'd like to go, if there's going to be one during the fall of this year or at any point in 2016.

-Kyle
You basically tell us you're going, and show up. In the past we have accepted non-chapter members on trips as well. I haven't been to one since 2010, but we went to Delmarva that year and it was a blast.
mpturtlefan1023

Post by mpturtlefan1023 »

ZantiMissKnit wrote:It's almost June already, and I never get together any plans for a NE Chapter Meetup. The harsh, never-ending winter up here left me with a lingering feeling of ennui, and my life and work has gotten in the way.

What should we do?

Are people open to pushing off the 2015 Chapter Meetup to 2016 (which, I realize, there may be a new President to worry about it), or were you really looking forward to one this year? We might be able to throw together something quickly, but I can't promise that I'd be able to make it. We can also start planning a 2016 meetup, and make it big.

Any thoughts?

Hello to all Herp Nation fans. My name is Michael Pierro. I am an avid Herp Fan & currently maintain habitats for a small collection of the following species:

- Turtles - Various kinds: box & red-eared slider - Indoor & outdoor habitats
- Snakes - Two (2) - Ribbon & speckled
- green, leopard & tree frogs
- Lizards (Anole, salamander, etc.)
- tropical fish, Koi, etc.

I belong to the following groups:

Delaware Valley Water Garden Society
Delaware County Aquarium Society

I live in the Philadelphia suburban area and would like to meet up with some folks in the 5-County Phila. and/or South Jersey area to discuss and plan herp outings & field trips. My email address is [email protected]. Would love to hear from some folks in the nearby Northeast area who can let me know of any upcoming events where I can meet some of you with similar interest. I do not drive, but can easily access and use public transportation to get where I need to. In recent years I have been able to go on several herp exploring trips in the PA Northeast Pocono area and once in Southern NJ Pinelands. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find active Herp group in my nearby community (Del. County, PA) or Phila., PA. Hope to hear from someone out there who may live nearby and share similar interest.
ZantiMissKnit

Post by ZantiMissKnit »

VP Mike Kirby came up with the suggestion of focusing on getting records for PARS in a county that is under-represented.

http://paherpsurvey.org/
Jeffreyrichard

Post by Jeffreyrichard »

Mike VanValen wrote:
Jeffreyrichard wrote:Perhaps a single day outing ... central location, week before or after Labor Day. Maybe Western CT/Hudson River Valley ... easily reachable by Eastern New Englanders, NJ, NY,PA, MD. Or NJ (Northern or Pine Barrens). Targets Black Rats, Copperheads, Milk, Greens, Hogs, Wood and Spotted Turtles
That's a good way to assure no one shows up :lol:

please explain ... location or time of year?
ZantiMissKnit

Post by ZantiMissKnit »

How selfish would I be to organize the Chapter Meetup in the Berkshires/Western Ma? :lol: