In Arcadia for 3 days. Anyone want to show me something?

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Creativeness

In Arcadia for 3 days. Anyone want to show me something?

Post by Creativeness »

Only here until Wednesday. Found a couple faster than blazes lizards but that's all so far. Can only really go out at night but if anyone would like to show me around or PM an area I can look for ANYTHING, ha even cool plants it would be much appreciated.
Creativeness

Re: In Arcadia for 3 days. Anyone want to show me something?

Post by Creativeness »

Well nobody offered up. But was able to locate a few western fence lizards, sideblotchs, California racers (3), nightsnake and a patch nose. 3rd time in California and still no kings. Maybe next year I'll get lucky.
shredsteban

Post by shredsteban »

Sounds like you did pretty good all on your own!

Have you properly introduced yourself? It would be a good idea to give everyone a little greeting, a little bit about you, where you're from, your Herping intentions. Most people here are reluctant to take out new people and show them their spots that they've worked hard on. A lot of people have been burned by others this way. Also, the community is weary of poachers. Not saying you're a poacher, but we don't know you. So strike up a conversation and get to know some of the folks and maybe people will start showing you around once they trust you :)

Those are just my .2 cents, anyone else feel free to chime in!
Creativeness

Post by Creativeness »

shredsteban wrote:Sounds like you did pretty good all on your own!

Have you properly introduced yourself? It would be a good idea to give everyone a little greeting, a little bit about you, where you're from, your Herping intentions. Most people here are reluctant to take out new people and show them their spots that they've worked hard on. A lot of people have been burned by others this way. Also, the community is weary of poachers. Not saying you're a poacher, but we don't know you. So strike up a conversation and get to know some of the folks and maybe people will start showing you around once they trust you :)

Those are just my .2 cents, anyone else feel free to chime in!
Only being in California for 3 days a year. I didn't see a point of a huge introduction. Guess it's different from WA. My herping intentions were just to go somewhere outdoors and see anything cool whether it be the big cactuses or an actual animal. I grew up in Puerto Rico and Australia, have lived in Iowa, Hawaii, Washington and Oregon. Always wanted to study reptiles for a career but color blindness and poor depth perception ruined that for me. My only lifer left in washington is a short horned lizard and a living kingsnake. I have a Maine coon cat as a pet. I have cancer of the blood and it's doubtful I'll be alive for more than 6 months from now.

If I'm alive next year I'll try again for sure.
AndyO'Connor

Post by AndyO'Connor »

I can help you with a horned lizard up here. You've found striped whipsnakes in Washington? I still need them and ringnecks... Yes everyone laugh at the guy that can find zonata but not ringnecks in Washington...