Moderator: Scott Waters

Josh Holbrook

Salamania 2015

Post by Josh Holbrook »

Get pumped...
mtratcliffe

Re: Salamania 2015

Post by mtratcliffe »

Since there's good advance notice with this trip, I'll mark my calendars and talk to the wife about escaping away for the weekend. I have had pitifully few encounters with wild salamanders in my life - three or four, maybe?
Rich in Reptiles

Post by Rich in Reptiles »

Saweet!!
Josh Holbrook

Post by Josh Holbrook »

mtratcliffe wrote:Since there's good advance notice with this trip, I'll mark my calendars and talk to the wife about escaping away for the weekend. I have had pitifully few encounters with wild salamanders in my life - three or four, maybe?

Yeah, I opted for this weekend instead of the spring to give me ample time to plan and get permits, and still put all my efforts into the coming child. It's close for me so I should be able to be a good "man on the ground" and put us on some cool critters. I hope.
BDSkinner

Post by BDSkinner »

Seems like a good thing for a salamaniac like me :beer:
Jefferson

Post by Jefferson »

Normally, I'd be hemming and hawing about only being able to go to Appalachia once or twice per year on account of my Midwestern location. However, there's a distinct possibility that I'll be in either Southwest Virginia or Northern Alabama for college, so there's a pretty good chance that I'll be at Salamania this year! According to my range maps and a little sleuthing, that area has South Mountain Gray-Cheeks, Three-Lined, Marbled, and Carolina Spring Salamanders, all of which would be lifers for me. This is in addition to two other jaunts I get to take to the mountains in 2015! Fire up the bluegrass music and get out the field guides!!