Mole Skinks

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Jordan S.

Mole Skinks

Post by Jordan S. »

Greetings everyone,

I know it has been centuries since I've made a post on here, but I was just thinking about it the other day and figured, eh, why not? For the people that know me on here know I am quite fond of small fossorial organisms especially reptilian related ones. As far as Florida goes, we got the coolest (IMO). Mole Skinks are so fun to look for. Not to mention, finding them is usually exciting. I still have two more species to see in Florida, the Keys Mole Skink and the Blue-Tailed Mole Skink. Reason? I have never been to the Keys, and I haven't looked for Blue-Tailed Mole Skinks in their range (which is only in the ancient scrub habitat of Highlands county). Kind of hard for a full-time college student and working 28 hours a week to get time to make long trips like that since I don't live close to their range. Now...enough talking. Here are some Mole Skinks from various counties in Florida. Oh and one more thing! The first photo is taken with my new camera so the other posts I put on here in the future, I am hoping the photographs continue to improve! (I am using a Nikon D3200 now)

Cheers! :beer:
Jordan T. Schmitt

ImagePlestidon egregrius onocrepis [Peninsula Mole Skink] by ThatPineGuy, on Flickr
ImagePlestidon egregrius similis [Northern Mole Skink] by ThatPineGuy, on Flickr
ImagePlestidon egregrius insularis [Cedar Key Mole Skink] by ThatPineGuy, on Flickr
ImagePlestidon egregius similis [Northern Mole Skink] by ThatPineGuy, on Flickr
ImagePlestidon egregius insularis [Cedar Key Mole Skink] by ThatPineGuy, on Flickr
Tamara D. McConnell

Re: Mole Skinks

Post by Tamara D. McConnell »

Such amazing, beautiful little creatures. They look like they would be very fast and difficult to photograph.
BillMcGighan

Post by BillMcGighan »

Good one, Jordan.

Your camera is serving you well.
Noah M

Post by Noah M »

Cool stuff man. Mole skinks are one of my top targets this year. I wish you the best of luck with your camera.
Daniel D Dye

Post by Daniel D Dye »

You stink of skink, Jordan.

Only two to go...Go get 'em! :thumb:
JakeScott

Post by JakeScott »

Awesome dude! As you know, one of my favorites.

Did you see my post on these a few years ago?

http://www.fieldherpforum.com/forum/vie ... 1697&hilit

-Jake
mtratcliffe

Post by mtratcliffe »

Great finds, Jordan! Glad to see you post again. I'd love to find a Mole Skink sometime - I need to get out of Tampa more often.
Nshepard

Post by Nshepard »

Sweet! Good work.