HerpMapper Highlight - India

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Chris Smith

HerpMapper Highlight - India

Post by Chris Smith »

Himalayan Keelback (Amphiesma platyceps) - HM 47463 http://www.herpmapper.org/record/47463

For more HerpMapper Highlights, checkout the Facebook Group and/or follow @HerpMapper on Twitter.
Chaitanya

Re: HerpMapper Highlight - India

Post by Chaitanya »

The link does not seem to work, its giving me 404 error. Also I went through other records on the site, all the ones reported from Maharashtra are actually from Goa. Wildernest Nature resort is located in Goa, in Chorla ghat and not in Sindhudurg Dist of Mah. here is the link: http://www.herpmapper.org/report/1504-maharashtra
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Thanks Chaitanya! We had an issue bulk importing observations, in this is one of the obs that was part of that issue. We are looking into it, as well as the location corrections that you noted.

Thank you,
Chris
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Regarding the location. The area where the observations are reported from (latitude and longitude are provided) are near the boundaries of multiple districts, but are correctly mapped to Maharashtra.

Thank you again,
-Chris

P.s. Link to above is fixed.
Chaitanya

Post by Chaitanya »

Chris Smith wrote:Regarding the location. The area where the observations are reported from (latitude and longitude are provided) are near the boundaries of multiple districts, but are correctly mapped to Maharashtra.

Thank you again,
-Chris

P.s. Link to above is fixed.
Yes, that Wildernest resort is located along the border of 3 states. Thanks for the clarification, I thought the photos were shot within the premises of resort which is in Goa while just a few meters north of the resort its Maharashtra state.