Need help for field herping event (San Diego)

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Nature Nate

Need help for field herping event (San Diego)

Post by Nature Nate »

Hello fellow field Herpers,
I am requesting aid in a kids field (herping) trip this spring. This is not a NAFHA event but I could use your expertise all the same.

A little background: I am a leader in one of my church's ministries titled, "Gibborim" (Hebrew for 'mighty men of valor') geared toward kids 6-10 years old. Every semester we try to find new and exciting activities for the kids. This year I was asked to lead a herping trip for the kids. I obliged and am now trying to organize the details. I will need some experienced help.

This is where you come in. There is the possibility of upwards of 40 kids with their dads coming on this trip. With such a large group I will need multiple leaders to guide several groups. All the liability will be covered by the church. All I need is knowledgeable field herpers who are good with kids to show them around some boards and let them experience field herping at its finest and safest. I will provide the location of the boards for you to let the kids flip. Also needed would be extra hooks, snake gaiters, GPS devices, and smart phones to enter the records into the database via the naherp app.

I set up this boardline last spring and it has already been producing coaches, kings and helleri. We have the potential to find upwards of 20 snakes. Any help would be appreciated. Tentative date is the weekend before the international NAFHA event (4-4-15).

Any members here are welcome to bring their kids too. I'm planning on organizing this much the same way as the official kids event that NAFHA held some time back.

daniel

Re: Need help for field herping event (San Diego)

Post by daniel »

I would be glad to help with this Nate.
hellihooks

Post by hellihooks »

I'm always down for helping kids (and dads) learn... I'm working on getting my milage car back on the road.. or... perhaps can ride share with someone (Danial?) :thumb: jim
SurfinHerp

Post by SurfinHerp »

Hi Nate,

I'd like to help out with your event. However, I've already reserved a group campsite for a multi-family camping trip to Anza-Borrego for Friday April 3rd until Sunday April 5th. Let me know if you change the date from April 4th to another time.

Cheers,

Jeff
Nature Nate

Post by Nature Nate »

Trying to set the date for March 14th. Communication with my Pastor is nearly non-existent. He's a busy guy. One I nail down the date I will post more details.