Reaching out for some herpin'

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Phillodactylus

Reaching out for some herpin'

Post by Phillodactylus »

Hello, all!

I'm Phil Clevinger. one of those California boys who just happened to get lucky enough to come up Chicago way for my band tour. It seems like we're going to be in Chi-town until Monday, 7/7, and after that Detroit and elsewhere in your guys' area.

I was curious if anyone would like to meet up and herp.
I'm only interested in photos and life-listing, and having some "civilized conversation" while doing so. If you're interested, thanks for the consideration, and feel free to PM me! If you want to check me out first, I'm on facebook, just search Philip Andrew Clevinger.

thanks in advance!
best regards,
Phil Clevinger
jason folt

Re: Reaching out for some herpin'

Post by jason folt »

When will you be in Detroit and what are you hoping to see?

J
Phillodactylus

Post by Phillodactylus »

Hey Jason, thanks for the reply!
Looks like I'll be around Detroit Monday and Tuesday this next week. As far as what I'd like to see, I'd love to see any herp, though rarieties are always cool. Specific herps that come to mind though are: Fox Snakes, Milks, Copperheads (don't know if they range that far North) or any other "hot"; Wood, Box, or Blanding's Turtles would be amazing as well. But honestly, if we were able to get together, I'd love to check places that you've always wanted to try, and just look. Even if we didn't find anything, it would still be a good trip, imo.

Thanks again for your reply!
best,
Phil Clevinger
justinm

Post by justinm »

Hey sorry I just saw this, or I would have tried to get some people in touch with you. Chicago actually has some decent herping opportunities.
Phillodactylus

Post by Phillodactylus »

Thanks, Justin!

I just woke up in Bordentown New jersey today, so I'm going to have to meet up with you guys next time, hopefully! Thanks for being willing to help though.

Have a wonderful day!

-Phil
jason folt

Post by jason folt »

Phil,

Sorry I never got back to you, I actually forgot about this thread while on vacation. I ended up having to work both Mon and Tues and wouldn't have been able to meet up. I could have tried to point you in a few right directions though. Most of your targets would have been difficult this time of the year for various reasons in the Detroit area. We could have tried for foxes/butlers and probably could have rustled up a sauga and blue racer though. Sorry again, let me know if you come back through.

Jason