Addressing an Overdue Issue

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

ChadHarrison

Addressing an Overdue Issue

Post by ChadHarrison »

Howdy Folks!

Due to some relatively recent exploits, it seems I am being asked to step down as Chapter President, which I will do no problem. I feel a bit silly doing this, I must admit. On top of NAFHA thinking I'm super sketchy (anyone who actually knows me knows just how much that isn't true, which is all that matters as far as I'm concerned), I do not have the time to be as active on an internet forum as a chapter president should be. So lets leave that responsibility to someone more suitable, eh? Radical.

Thanks, y'all!

Best,

Chad
Fundad

Re: Addressing an Overdue Issue

Post by Fundad »

Your resignation is accepted.

Best Regards
Brian Hinds
International Coordinator
justinm

Post by justinm »

ChadHarrison wrote:Howdy Folks!

Due to some relatively recent exploits, it seems I am being asked to step down as Chapter President, which I will do no problem. I feel a bit silly doing this, I must admit. On top of NAFHA thinking I'm super sketchy (anyone who actually knows me knows just how much that isn't true, which is all that matters as far as I'm concerned), I do not have the time to be as active on an internet forum as a chapter president should be. So lets leave that responsibility to someone more suitable, eh? Radical.

Thanks, y'all!

Best,

Chad

Out of curiousity who is asking you to step down?
ChadHarrison

Post by ChadHarrison »

justinm wrote:
ChadHarrison wrote:Howdy Folks!

Thanks, y'all!

Best,

Chad

Out of curiousity who is asking you to step down?

Chris Smith and Brian Hinds
Trey

Post by Trey »

field herping politics.. what a joke hahaha
ChadHarrison

Post by ChadHarrison »

Hahahaha. Tell me about it, man. It's amazing how much fuss some enthusiastic Herpers just trying to take a picture of a snake in it's natural state can cause. God forbid, right?
Fundad

Post by Fundad »

The NAFHA International Board voted unanimously 10-0 to replace Chad Harrison as president.

This was due to his lack of time he dedicated to the chapter as president, and his failure to respond when questioned
regarding a few items that were brought to our attention. (Though had logged into FHF multiple times during that time).

This is nothing personal, and I personally worked very hard not to bring this to light to protect Chad. (apparently that fact has been overlooked)

We need a high profile President that is active within a challenging chapter covering many different states. Chad didn't have the time to dedicate to NAFHA.

NAFHA is involved in a number of serious conservation related business items that are important to species conservation and management. This has to always come first..

Here are a few NAFHA bylaws found at http://www.nafha.org

ARTICLE X: RESIGNATION AND REMOVAL OF MEMBERS, OFFICERS, INTERNATIONAL BOARD MEMBERS, & COORDINATORS

A Chapter Officer may be removed from office for failure to perform the duties of the office or for any one of the causes listed under F. by a vote pursuant to ARTICLE VI.

An International Board Member may be removed from office for failure to perform the duties of the office or for any one of the causes listed under F by a vote pursuant to ARTICLE VI.

If anyone has questions they can ask me.

Yours Truly
Brian Hinds
justinm

Post by justinm »

Fundad wrote:The NAFHA International Board voted unanimously 10-0 to replace Chad Harrison as president.

Yours Truly
Brian Hinds
Sounds like you just kicked him out, there's been no replacement. Witch hunts are like that though. I have an idea why don't you change NAFHA to "Failure To Launch".
Fundad

Post by Fundad »

You are listed as a NAFHA member Justin, would you like us to remove your name from the membership list?

Sounds like you don't want to be a part of it?

We have launched and do a ton of cool herp conservation and education related projects continuously.

It's not a big deal if you don't want be apart of the good things we do and do your own thing..

Fundad
justinm

Post by justinm »

Brian,

I've disagreed with the way things are run and it's not a secret.
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

justinm wrote:
Fundad wrote:The NAFHA International Board voted unanimously 10-0 to replace Chad Harrison as president.

Yours Truly
Brian Hinds
Sounds like you just kicked him out, there's been no replacement. Witch hunts are like that though. I have an idea why don't you change NAFHA to "Failure To Launch".

It wasn't a witch hunt. Contact Don B. or myself for more info. Jeremy S. (VP) has stepped up to take over the presidential duties.

Chad- I too tried to contact you several times but failed to get a response. I AM interested in your side of the story if interested in sharing it. PM me and I can give you my #.

-Chris