Lurkers in southeast mass

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

pete

Lurkers in southeast mass

Post by pete »

Please put boards an carpet back in the original spots. Carpet works best in folds, not spread out like a board. Aluminum siding works best in stacks, not spread out over large areas. If you put the cover back it will produce over and over. You'll get to know individual snakes over time. Most of all, other people can enjoy finding them as well!! Artificial cover is getting scarce as people dump less an clean more. Don't screw up the remaining areas by leaving boards and crap tipped up so everybody can see them.
I spent two hours on three separate power cuts replacing boards an carpet to their original spots. If I find someone trashing the the trash, I WILL speak to them in a harsh manner :lol: :lol:

Thanks! Have fun out there
ZantiMissKnit

Re: Lurkers in southeast mass

Post by ZantiMissKnit »

The "Friends" organization of one of our state parks recently did a clean-up, and moved all of the boards, broken picnic tables and sheets of tin laid out into a huge pile to presumably be hauled off. Nooooooooooooo
pete

Post by pete »

The cleaners really piss me off! ;)
This was herpers for sure. Probably over enthusiastic teens. Some stuff was spread out,other stuff flipped and not replaced . Very irritating to say the least!
hellihooks

Post by hellihooks »

fact of life, in So Cal... hell... we could have a reality show called 'Board Line Wars'... :lol: :lol: :lol:
ZantiMissKnit

Post by ZantiMissKnit »

pete wrote:The cleaners really piss me off! ;)
This was herpers for sure. Probably over enthusiastic teens. Some stuff was spread out,other stuff flipped and not replaced . Very irritating to say the least!
We did let the "Friends" of this particular park know that those boards were home to a few snakes. I also offered to give them a species list of what I've recorded there (that whole honey vs. vinegar thing).
mikez

Post by mikez »

You are so right Pete about not spreading stuff out.
A lot of time I think the Spreader outers are newer herpers who think they're improving the cover.

Another thing, give the boards a rest! If you keep flipping them every other day, they dry out, plus the snakes feel harassed.
This has become a problem for me lately now that my older boys have cars of their own. I showed them all my spots, now they beat me to them!