Lizards and Snake.

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

orionmystery

Lizards and Snake.

Post by orionmystery » February 17th, 2014, 4:31 am

Handsome male Great Anglehead Lizard (Gonocephalus grandis) that allowed me to get really close to at night :)
Gonocephalus grandis IMG_6756 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Gonocephalus grandis IMG_6750 stk copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Gonocephalus grandis IMG_6749 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Up close with a Slender Wolf Snake (Lepturophis albofuscus). Night herping, Selangor, Malaysia.
Lepturophis albofuscus IMG_7047 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Cute juvenile Great Anglehead Lizard (Gonocephalus grandis). This one appeared orangey because it swam in the muddy stream nearby. This specimen was spotted on the same spot (same fern) for 3 nights. Selangor, Malaysia.
Gonocephalus grandis IMG_6950 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Gonocephalus grandis IMG_6954 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Earless Agamid (Aphaniotis fusca) Selangor, Malaysia.
Aphaniotis fusca IMG_6632 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

More tropical lizards and snakes: http://orionmystery.blogspot.com/2012/1 ... bians.html

Roki

Re: Lizards and Snake.

Post by Roki » February 17th, 2014, 9:20 am

Great close up shots. I have always enjoyed the level of your photography. Someday I need to make it to Malaysia.
Roki

moloch

Post by moloch » February 21st, 2014, 7:02 pm

Kurt,

As always, those are terrific images. I just love the closeups of the Greater Angelehead. It would be great to see one at that sort of range. The little juvie was very nice as well.

Regards,
David

orionmystery

Post by orionmystery » February 23rd, 2014, 1:46 am

Thanks, Roki, David.

David - G. grandis are in season now. Not always easy to approach during day time unless you have a 210mm (150mm + 1.4x teleconverter) like i do. I've tried head shots with this setup. At night, it's fairly easy. We took turn photographing this handsome male and some females and juves and they didn't run away at all.