Checking in and can use a hand

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Jeff Lemm

Checking in and can use a hand

Post by Jeff Lemm »

HI guys,
Sorry I have not been around here much - this has been the busiest year of my life. I am still lurking and entering some data. Most pics I show are quick day trip things on FB (I'm at Jeff Lemm Reptilia if interested). I can also use your help. Matty is nominated for Young Herper of the Year at The Reptile Report. He has had a bang-up year and published two scientific papers. You can see all the voting categories and vote at http://thereptilereport.com/bo2013/

I am up for many categories as well - if you feel so inclined to vote in those categories and the image categories, I would be appreciative. If there was a Herper of the Year category, Brian Hinds would be getting my vote. Brian, what you have done for NAFHA and the db this year is truly outstanding and I commend you. Hopefully in 2014 I can be more involved. Its looking to be very busy again, but I am down for any NAFHA trips I can make and Matty and I will be entering data as always! Cheers guys, have a great Holiday season!
Eimon

Re: Checking in and can use a hand

Post by Eimon »

Done and done. Good to see you surface occasionally. Would be nice to see some of our herp OG's next year out and about. My time has been very limited this year as well. Just a note- there are some "very familiar" nominees in several catagories I chose to support. ;) Maybe others will feel the same.
Jeff Lemm

Post by Jeff Lemm »

No worries at all, thanks for the vote - choose who you like in the other stuff, that's how it works! Hope to see you out there this year
Fundad

Post by Fundad »

I picked Matty.

Because he out herped you and I Jeff :shock: :x :lol: that fateful day in April..

Thus he is deserving of it IMO.. :beer:

Fundad
Jeff Lemm

Post by Jeff Lemm »

lol, good onya - now repeat daily!!!
Fundad

Post by Fundad »

Thank you for the herper of the year nomination Jeff, if there was one, but I am not deserving as I have had a very sucky year herping wise.. :? :lol:

maybe politician of the year, would be a better fit? jk LMAO :lol:

Fundad
SurfinHerp

Post by SurfinHerp »

Hey Jeff,

I voted for you and Matty. I especially like your photo of the brown vine snake in the Best Colubrid Photo category. Your C. ruber photos are pretty good, but I had to vote for that awesome coral cobra as well. That's gonna be hard to beat.

I also voted for fellow FHFers John Andermann in the Best Colubrid Breeder category, and Myke Clarkson in a couple categories.

Good luck!

Jeff N.
hellihooks

Post by hellihooks »

THAT'S a lot of categories... :lol: :lol: i had to go with Scott, for photographer of the year... cause if you get tagged by a hot you bagged for him to get pics of... he drives you to the hospital... :crazyeyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: Matty got my vote for 'image of the year' as well as young herper of the year... :D jim
Jeff Lemm

Post by Jeff Lemm »

lol, thanks guys - all good times. Brian, you do deserve it (I count NAFHA stuff as herp stuff!)
Eimon

Post by Eimon »

Just to clarify - I thought that "conflict of interest" statement would just make Brian laugh. I appologize that it had a negative effect. I just consider all that stuff "the good old days" memory wise, even back to Tiermay, and do not hold any feelings one way or the other about it now. Good on everyone else though! :thumb:
RobertH

Post by RobertH »

I voted for both you and Matty, too :thumb:

Robert
Robyn@TRR

Post by Robyn@TRR »

Jeff is indeed nominated all over the Best of 2013 Awards, and rightly so.

BUT THERE IS ALSO A BEST FORUM CATEGORY and I think Field Herp deserves a very strong showing. I stay on top of many many forums through The Reptile Report, and Field Herp Forum is an absolute fave. Just outstanding info and pics here. While you are voting for Jeff and Matty, stop by the Forum of the Year category and vote for Field Herp Forum!
Fundad

Post by Fundad »

Yeah, I voted earlier for FHF as well as Matty.

Fundad
Jeff Lemm

Post by Jeff Lemm »

Thanks Robyn, I should have mentioned the forum as I voted for it too!
Jeff Lemm

Post by Jeff Lemm »

Matty is behind in both categories folks (and I have never heard of his competition!) - please vote daily through the month if possible and make a kid very happy (and his dad)! Thanks,
Jeff

Young Herper of the Year (Matty Lemm)
http://thereptilereport.com/pe/2013/?no ... heyear2013

Field Herp Image of the Year (Matty Lemm)
http://thereptilereport.com/pe/2013/?no ... heyear2013
gopher

Post by gopher »

voted for him! :thumb:
hellihooks

Post by hellihooks »

I'll do the best I can to vote every day... but frankly...they need to re-think how they pick the winners... this way... all it says is who has the most dedicated family/friends... a popularity contest rather than any measure of who is most deserving... :roll: jim
Jeff Lemm

Post by Jeff Lemm »

Thanks guys, and I totally agree Jim. They have an editor's choice too, so hopefully that will level the field