In Canberra, Australia On Exchange

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Dan Riley

In Canberra, Australia On Exchange

Post by Dan Riley »

Hello All,

I'm on a university exchange at the University of Canberra until the end of may. I'm interested in getting as much birding and herping in as possible while I'm here. I've had some success so far within the city's parks and green spaces, but was wondering if anyone could suggest any other areas that would be relatively easily accessed for someone without a car.

Thanks for the help,
Dan Riley

speedy

Re: In Canberra, Australia On Exchange

Post by speedy »

I havent done any herping around Canberra, however i was down there a few months ago at Canberra Uni and we did a few trips out to the Murrumbidgee and Cotter Rivers. There were plenty of birds about, unfortunately the weather was pretty rough with snow up in the highlands so no herps around. But with some good weather you should be able to find plenty.

danh

Post by danh »

I live in Canberra, at the ANU. Unfortunately right now I'm in exchange in Sydney myself, but I can suggest a few places for you to go. Again, unfortunately, you'll need a car for all of them. There aren't any good herping spots that I know of that you can get to without a car.

Dan

Dan Riley

Post by Dan Riley »

Thank you for the replies both. It's been quite difficult so far and I've only seen a few species of lizard.

Dan I would love to hear about a few places, I'll try and sort out the whole getting there bit later hahaha. I think I may be able to bug someone for a lift or may rent a car for a few days and travel the south.

Thanks again,

Dan