2012 Rattlesnake Recap

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Y.Morgan

Re: 2012 Rattlesnake Recap

Post by Y.Morgan »

Holy Smokes, Brendan! After a long absence from the forum I almost missed your post ...wow, am I ever glad for the search that found it. No way to pick a favorite, but finding all of those Gilas together sure doesn't suck. You have so many shots of snakes grouped together - it's just amazing. I'd say you probably had days that were better than my entire year. In fact, I'm hesitant to even bother posting my stuff now, but I already put so much time into it I'll probably carry on and hope that I can come anywhere close to hanging with you this coming year. Congratulations on such a prolific year!
York :beer:
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

The year wouldn't be complete without your recap post. I'd be really bummed if you didn't post it.
I love learning about rattlesnake social behavior so I do my best to find situations where multiple snakes may interact. I'm off to a pretty slow start this year without having been out once but hopefully I'll get on it soon.

Post away!
josh_r

Post by josh_r »

Seeing this post really makes me miss living in Arizona. I am in Australia right now and I gotta say.... American herps (especially crots), for the most part, shite all over aussie herps...

Very nice Brendan

Josh
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Thanks Josh. I guess I can't really comment since I've never been to OZ yet. It's high on the list of places to visit but without crotes it's not quite as much of a draw for me. I'd still like to see a few of the smaller snakes like tigers and even a taipan just to check it off the list.
jayder85

Post by jayder85 »

A lot of great pics of some awesome animals! My personal favorite would have to be the Gilas popping their heads out from under the rock.
josh_r

Post by josh_r »

Yeah Brendan, I agree. There isn't much that captures my interest here as the rattlesnakes do in the Americas or any arboreal viper from anywhere. But, it is still worth the trip! If you ever make it out this way, I'll get you in touch with some people who will take care of ya. In the mean time, I'm getting prepared for Peru :)
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Thanks Jayder! Gilas are awesome animals. Hope to see that trio again this year.

Josh thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. Have a great time in Peru!
socalherper

Post by socalherper »

Yo Brendan, That was as amazing as it is every year. Pictures are worth a thousand words as you proved it in this thread.
I love those pictures but the Gila Hole video was crazy cool! I liked the music to it was relaxing..

Thanks Doc !
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Gracias amigo! Funny how this thread resurfaces once in a while and a few new peeps get to view it. Glad you enjoyed it. Once this snow storm heads out of Phoenix maybe I can get my herp on.