:mrgreen:
Sean

Re: It's all about timing

Post by Sean »

Dave S

Post by Dave S »

Ok, it's official you hold the record this year for most depressing post!!!!! :(
Dave S.
Mattlesnake King

Post by Mattlesnake King »

I've noticed some of our local (NE GA) pit vipers don't seem to mind a big moon so much. Colubrids aren't seen too often on these big moon nights, but when they are they are usually chain kings in my experience. August and September big moon nights have historically produced me some live kings even late into the night. Seems to make sense to me that typically diurnal/crepuscular snakes may hang out a bit later with some moonshine. As a matter of fact we saw a live getula on our last full moon up in the mountains.

You ever cruise a big moon down there? If so, any kings?
Sean

Post by Sean »

Dave S

Post by Dave S »

Sean,
What I meant was you hold the record for the most post that are rather depressing.... I'd like to see a post with all live animals, kinda like your post from a few years ago. Hope you find some more live stuff soon.

Dave S.
Carl D. May

Post by Carl D. May »

Mattlesnake King wrote:I've noticed some of our local (NE GA) pit vipers don't seem to mind a big moon so much. Colubrids aren't seen too often on these big moon nights, but when they are they are usually chain kings in my experience. August and September big moon nights have historically produced me some live kings even late into the night. Seems to make sense to me that typically diurnal/crepuscular snakes may hang out a bit later with some moonshine. As a matter of fact we saw a live getula on our last full moon up in the mountains.

You ever cruise a big moon down there? If so, any kings?

Yep, I have also found that tricolors tend to be conspicuous on bright moon nights as well.
kyle loucks

Post by kyle loucks »

Sometime you get lucky, and are the first car to come along....

Timber on the road where cars whiz by at 70mph... had to hustle to get this one off.

Then other times, you take your eye off the ball and run snakes over yourself... like I did to this baby rat snake.

sad