NEW PICS! Herpin on 4/12

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Joey Kennedy

NEW PICS! Herpin on 4/12

Post by Joey Kennedy »

Well today I went on some serious herpin! First at about 8:30 am I went looking around in my backyard and woods around my neighborhood :mrgreen:
After that I decided to go to the park at about 6:00 pm, Ive never been to a park before to look for stuff. :crazyeyes: :thumb:
(BTW, some of these pictures I had to use the flash for it to come out, it was dark in woods)

First, I got up and went around looking by the streams and vernal ponds around the house!
Unfortunatly we havnt had any rain in a couple weeks.. I figured all the tadpoles were dead because alot of the stuff is dried up. But I found a spot with tadpoles I didnt know was there. :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes:

I found a Southern Two-Lined Salamander under a log about 15 feet from a vernal pond with water still in it. Beautiful salamander!

Later I decided to go to a local park that had a lake and stream, I didnt know what to expect. I learned something though.. DONT WORRY ABOUT DUSKY SALAMANDERS, THEYRE DOING JUST FINE!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

2 Duskies under this rock!

2 bigger duskies under a rock! :thumb:

Found a frog, I think its a bronze frog, right?

..back to the duskies...

Awwwwww... its sooo cute :mrgreen:

Sooo.. yeah duskies are doing pretty good at the park, I found at least 40 to 60 in an hour, which is a lot I think :) Thanks for looking! :mrgreen:
Be sure to comment! :thumb:
SnakeDude

Re: NEW PICS! Herpin on 4/12

Post by SnakeDude »

Sweet dusky's and I really like the kingsnake. Salamanders are really rare here, and I have never even seen one without gills.
nice pics :thumb:
-Ian
txherper

Post by txherper »

i live in a salamander-impaired area. that's probably more salamanders than i've seen in my whole life!
ian, help me out here on the kingsnake! :mrgreen:
Joey Kennedy

Post by Joey Kennedy »

Yeah i love salamanders, theyre my fav :mrgreen: