DaneConley

Re: God's Country 2011...

Post by DaneConley »

walk-about wrote: Image
This isnt even right...
MichaelCravens

Post by MichaelCravens »

Beautifully done! Those Kirtland's stung though. I tried so hard last summer to life list one before leaving the midwest to no avail. I've only struck out in four states looking for them though. Again, amazing post.

Michael Cravens
Scott_Wahlberg

Post by Scott_Wahlberg »

Very cool post! That DOR pine snake is rough, especially coming from an area where they already have a restricted range such as Kentucky. I found a roadkill ruthveni in Texas a few years ago and it's probably the worst feeling I've experienced in the field. Kentucky may soon be added to the list of places to visit in the near future.

-Scott
walk-about

Post by walk-about »

Dane - thank you sir. I love Farancia, easily one of my most favorite species of North American reptiles. The more I learn about them, the more I want to learn.

Michael - Thanks. Those Clonophis are locally abundant in the area I find them. But over-all, should be considered uncommon, if not 'rare' in our region of the US. I was told by a researcher friend in Michigan that it would be impossible to trap them.....wrong.

Scott - Thanks sir. I would love to see any pictures you have of dor/live TX Pituophis m. ruthvenii

ROCK ON!

Dave
James K.

Post by James K. »

wow beautiful pictures and snakes
walk-about

Post by walk-about »

James K - Thank you sir.

RocK ON!

Dave
kcmatt

Post by kcmatt »

Yes, great stuff Dave. That last portraited milk was very nice. Loved the Farancia also. We all become balancing wizards to squeeze the herps in with the family and other obligations. For a restricted year, pretty amazing, looks like you kept a good balance on quality and quantity. Thanks for the post.
kysnakeguy

Post by kysnakeguy »

3rd what jayder & todd said, and wow, this is one of the best Kentucky posts ive everseen, even if i live my entire life in Kentucky (which i have all intention of doing) i can only dream i can ever have a fraction of the luck u have had in just this post! seeing this post just makes me want spring even more that b4 if that even possible, im going through major herping withdrawl :cry: . Keep up the goo work :thumb: :beer: ,

Alec
walk-about

Post by walk-about »

KCMatt - Thank you sir, yes, you said it well, somewhat of a balancing act with the kids and all. But I know that guys like us would not have it any other way. Always love your posts friend. And have a great summer.

KYsnakeguy - Thank you sir. Those were very kind remarks. Where in Kentucky do you live?

Rock ON!

Dave
kysnakeguy

Post by kysnakeguy »

Louisville, though on weekends with good weather i'm were ever the snakes are :beer:

Alec