Whos using the new SST 12/50 from Tiburon, or Avet Pro EXW..

Hang with a fishy crowd.

Moderator: Scott Waters

lateralis

Whos using the new SST 12/50 from Tiburon, or Avet Pro EXW..

Post by lateralis »

Glad to see this forum was kept up since the Great Calamity! Some very nice fish being posted and that YF was superb, Ive never hit #400 of tuna but I have tangled with a few blue marlin and shark in that class and while some gave the devil, alot of them gave it up pretty quick. Not so with any tuna I've ever caught, they just dont have an "off" button...unless a mako bites them in half, I'll have to post that one...

So, can anyone provide feedback on the following reels? I want to put together a new outfit and have narrowed reels down to the Tiburon SST 12/50 and the Avet Pro EXW 30/02.

Specifically: Comparison of reel size and ease of care/durability, casting ability with live/chunk bait, fishability from a pier to trolling in the Stream, and any experience with rod lengths (casting /trolling).

This is going to be the travel kit I grab when I dont want to lug the Int. 50W and roller rod, and both the 251 and 541 Pro Gear. Sort of a 541 on steroids that will allow movement up and down the spectrum of targets. It will of course be overkill on anything small, BUT it will allow me to pursue small game if others are "off" or if I need bait ;) .

Cheers
Lat
lateralis

Re: Whos using the new SST 12/50 from Tiburon, or Avet Pro E

Post by lateralis »

Not to bloody many it would appear LOL....
BillMcGighan

Re: Whos using the new SST 12/50 from Tiburon, or Avet Pro E

Post by BillMcGighan »

Sorry Lat....
You know someone would have said something if they had them...
Did you get them and, is so, how do you like them?