What I catch.

Hang with a fishy crowd.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Josh Young

What I catch.

Post by Josh Young »

Since I had made a post pre-crash of some of the fish I had caught I figured I could add one again with some of the same pics from before and a few newer ones.

Largemouth bass, usually the only thing I fish for.

Yeah I really love fishing.

Caught this bass on a topwater frog during a Tropical Storm.

Caught on a swimbait, and yes I am in Florida. Swimbaits produce my largest bass usually.

Another swimbait bass.

I know its not a giant but it was a very special fish. I caught this fish when the air temp was at 37 degrees. The coldest I have ever caught a bass at. From Georgia btw.

Just some randoms of fish without me in the picture.

I also catch on occasion other fish, usually whenever the bass wanna be punks.

Getula Hunter

Re: What I catch.

Post by Getula Hunter »

You caught some "Big'ole Pigs"

Swimbaits?.....Don't you know that's a West Coast bait? next thing you know, you'll start drop shotting :D :D

Very nice fish :beer:

J.P.
Josh Young

Post by Josh Young »

I've tried drop shotting here in SoFla with no luck. Probably due to most bodies of water I fish are lined with grass on the bottom and doesn't really get noticed very well. Hell I also fish frogs away from grass like they do over there too. Many of the Western techniques have applications all over the country, especially the swimbaits if you are hunting the larger bites. I'm trying to get a 10+ from down here and almost had it a year or two ago during the spawn but the fish spit my bait off the bed (which was a swimbait) before I could pop her. I've come short on many occasions with many 8-9 lbers but never any bigger than that.
BillMcGighan

Post by BillMcGighan »

Good stuff, again, Josh.
Have you tried the "Stick Marsh", about 1 1/2 hours north of you? Increases your shot at a 10+.
Tim Borski

Post by Tim Borski »

Josh, Nice fish! I even dig the slab bluegills. Bill's correct; Stick Marsh for your ten.

PS: Drop shotting works well down here on the clear lakes and in many types of weeds. (It's a solid approach for flipping mats cuz it keeps the plastic off the bottom where they can see it if they don't react to it on the fall.) Just rig your grub weedless.
Plunk. Bottom. Jiggle. Retrieve.
Repeat...'till Mr 10 happens.
:thumb:

Tim